Friday 19 February 2021

From SanderS: The Hatchery... (60 points)

 Hoi,

 Let me introduce you to Tom, he is peeping. 


Yup he's a Peeping Tom! But when he's looking through the  keyhole, expecting to see scantily clad young ladies, he's actually in for a bit of a surprise:

As with a lot of other Chambers in this Challenge, I had to really think hard what mini's I had to use for them, to end up with stuff I can actually use in a Dungeon game after all!

These monsters are from the last Frostgrave Nickstarter I participated in; The Perilous Dark. This is the same Nickstarter (a North Star Miniatures version of a Kickstarter) in which the Ballista from the Golem's Haunt was obtained.

Gathered here to jump poor Tom, are two Hellcrows, 3 Vapour Snakes, a Magmite and a Matriarch, if I am not mistaken. Tom himself is a resin figure I got with a set of two ladies without cloths bathing and using a towel in front of a big standing mirror. The ladies have yet to be painted but Tom seemed appropriate for the Larder, yet I couldn't find him until after I had posted the figures for it. So I thought I would turn him into a part of this post.



Next op are the Hellcrows, according to the Frostgrave supplement Perilous Dark, they are a flying kind of minor demon often in the guise of a bird like entity. I had to paint them like a kind of Fenix. 


The Vapour Worms are ethereal creatures made up of magical chemicals or something. They are Arthur's favourites.



 The Magmite is a sort of magma monster made up of lava, but my youngest son (Hugo) likes Ornage, it's his favourite colour so I indulged him and made the magmite orange. 



The Matrarch is described as a huge Ice Spider, but I kinda think it looks like a huge tick... YUK! I hate ticks. So anyway I tried to paint it like one and I think it worked out fine.



That's the miniatures out of the way but I thought you might also like to see us in action playing a game of Heroquest. 

Here's Arthur rolling the dice in the dice-tower he was kindly given as a prize by the Snowlord and the Lady Sarah some Challenges ago.

Here his heroes (Lodjar the Wizard and Aldor the Axewielding berserker) are confronting the Boss in the Boss Chamber only to succumb to his noxious breath and get captured!


 Points are easy this time: 8 figures of 28mm is 40 points together with the 20 for the Chamber makes 60 points.

Cheers Sander

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful selection of miniatures, and nicely painted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's great and so are his unpleasant friends!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of minis. Love the shot of Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking stuff Sander! Tom and the Vapour worms are my favourites. That blue on the latter looks posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I am still in doubt whether I like the Hellcrows or the Vapour worms best...

      Delete
  5. A brilliant compilation of figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of monsters!

    ReplyDelete