Friday 26 February 2021

From Curt: Sarah Bella & Felix Redux (35 Points)



As I need a lift to get to the Orc Pit, I'm hailing Sarah and Felix to get a ride on their spiffy motorcycle-sidecar.

These figures provide the dismounted version of my previous 'Sarah Bella and Felix' post.




The provided pack had one motorcycle included, making it difficult to offer two complete versions of the dynamic duo. In comes Bob Murch, the owner/designer of Pulp Figures, to the rescue. He was kind enough to provide me with another bike so I could do up two complete sets. Thanks Bob, you're a scholar and a gentleman.

Felix, true to form, is seen bounding from the sidecar, ready to cause havoc, while Sarah has her trusty .45 out, covering her impulsive K9 companion. Here is the 1:1 reference model pictured in full flow.


I think the motorcycle and sidecar is the cat's pajamas. I'd love one of these in real life, with the fixings; proper leather jacket, goggles and gauntlets (but probably not in asparagus green).


I'll claim the same points as the previous submission, so 35 total.

Next is the Orc Pit!

- Curt

30 comments:

  1. An excellent entry Curt! Live the action pose of the pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. Felix is definitely a going concern, bless him.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful work my friend! I think you very much nailed your furry friend and Lady Sarah looks like a female version of Indiana Jones. So, who'd you be in this show then? As you're certainly no Elsa Schneider or Marion Ravenwood you must be Marcus Brody in The Last Crusade then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, that's a pretty good assessment. :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant brushwork dude! I love the finish on the bike, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude! Good old Nuln Oil and a careful highlight.

      Delete
  4. Great work indeed Curt, love the Felix sculpt bu t won’t Oscar get jealous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Peter. Yes, I really need to get something done for Oscar or he'll start sulking.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work on the dismounted Sarah Bella and Felix combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic looking pair of minis. Having a mounted and unmounted version seems like a very versatile set up for games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart! Yes, its a nice indulgence to have two variants for sure.

      Delete
  7. Smashing to see the dismounted versions, brilliantly executed. And don’t do yourself a disservice, I’m sure you’d look quite dashing in a pair of emerald green gauntlets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Jamie. I'm sure the neighbours would have an arched eyebrow or two. :)

      Delete
  8. Splendid entry again, Curt! The motorcycle is brilliant, but the figures too. I'm sure asparagus green would suit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure, but maybe you're onto something...

      Delete
  9. Splendid motorcycle and sidecar and I love the animated Felix and heroine!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, they are rather splendid in miniature and in real life.

      Delete
  10. Brilliant dismounted versions Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work Curt and I really like that shade of red you got on the motorcycle!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christopher. Good old 'Gal Vorbak Red' with a Nuln Oil wash.

      Delete
  12. Snazzy. I do like how the acrylic bases work. What glue do you use to affix the figures without clouding the acrylic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob! I use GS-E600 glue from Green Stuff World. The stuff is as toxic as hell but it never clouds the acrylic.

      Delete