Friday 26 February 2021

from RayR - The Chamber of Challenge - The Tomb [40 points]

  


My last entry on Level 2 of the Chamber of Challenge and I'm banging on the door of to The Tomb...



The Tomb: Paint a tomb, a burial-mound, a barrow or a henge. Bonus points for any ghostly guardian which lives, entombed, within...


A Tomb is what Curt asked for so that's what he's gonna get........well actually its a Crypt but hey ho!


This great looking Tomb comes as part of Debris of Wars Graveyard set. but can be bought on its own here, for the small price of £7.25


If you haven't checked out Debris of War yet please do so, they make some great items.


And for some bonus points Curt suggested adding the occupants of the Tomb, so may I present 
Mabel and Mary the Darnley Twins who both died from drowning in 1688. Their grief-stricken parents buried them together and they still haunt the local cemetery to this day.


Mabel is a Belt Fed Girl from Col Bill and can be bought here, under the title of The White Ghost



Mary is also a Col Bills Belt Fed Girl and can be bought here, where she is known as Lenan Irish Banshee. Bothe figures cost £3.25.

Of course both my luvvly ladies can be entered into Sarah's Choice as well.



Now here's where I get stuck on the points, the Tomb measures 70mm x 60mm x 60mm
or 3 inch x 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch. So as its just under half a cube I'd say 8 points???
But I'll leave that call to my the Minion of the day?
2 x 25mm figures gives me 10 points, plus any spooky bonus as suggested by the Dark Lord himself???
And the 20 for the Tomb bonus.

Level 3 here I come!

21 comments:

  1. Nice work Ray! The ghosts in particular look great. May I ask how they were painted? I'm about to embark on some LotR Army of the Dead models and your style looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dallas. The ghists were pretty easy to be honest. I undercoated them white, them painted on 2 thin coats of Vallejo Green Grey no971. Then heavily drybrushed all over with The Army Painter Waroaints Mummy Robes (any off white/cream will do). Then a final Drybrook with white.
      Easy!

      Delete
  2. Good stuff mate. I think we've both bought the entire resin catalogue from this company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think you're right. Tony better make more stuff for us!

      Delete
  3. Well done Ray! You've done a magnificent job on those spooky fellas and the tomb came out rather nice as well. Still, might I suggest adding some lichen, ivy or other for that derelict look?
    Anyway, I'm sure sure our beloved Flight attendand-in-chief will kick me out of the cabine for it (I've heard her muttering something about sandbags), but I'll throw in a couple of bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually gonna do exactly that, but kinda ran out if time.

      Delete
  4. A fine tomb, and a great job on the occupants and their story, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Ray,
    I'm searching for inspiration for a tomb of for own entry later this week. I searched my LGS to no avail, so may have to scratch build something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fine looking tomb, but the denizens are really nice. Well done Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job Ray. The functional tomb is enhanced by the rather sad story of the ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking tomb and splendid looking inhabitants!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spooky twin ghost girls? Nope nope nope!

    ReplyDelete