Monday 1 February 2021

From SanderS: Entering the Pit of the Pendulum (25 points?)

 Hoi,

 

"Paint something torturous" well yeah I can do that, I still have a lot of stuff for my HeroQuest scenery left to paint so here we go. Most of the pieces in this post are from the Terrain Crate Dungeons scenery except for some HeroQuest furniture complimented with 3D prints, I'll explain later.

First here are the horribly painful assecoires:



Here's the table with it's original cardboard legs:

 

 

As I won two and a half HeroQuest games (1 for at home and one for use with the club at school) I need to paint a lot of furniture pieces. Originally the furniture came in the box as a plastic top with cardboard undersides. The 3D printing community has thrown up some excellent STL files for the undercarriages to be printed and I have printed some for almost all my furniture. Here is a picture of some of the unpainted stuff, the orange pieces are 3D printed.


 Left is another torture table, in the middle is a bookcase and to the right is an alchemists or sorcerer's desk.

As for points I'd say 5 for the actual pieces and 20 as the Chamber's bonus, making 25 points.

 Cheers Sander

18 comments:

  1. Deeply unpleasant but delightfully painted pieces of kit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the intention Iain, but thanks!

      Delete
  2. Those look great - I love the wood effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am happy how that turned out as well.

      Delete
  3. Not the type of stuff you'd see at your local IKEA... 'Igor, I can never figure these instructions out, help me with putting together this 'Boris' iron maiden...' ;)

    Great work Sander!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, something like that does come to mind and then they get stuck in their own contraption with parts left to spare...

      Delete
  4. Great looking scenery pieces. While I feel a certain nostalgia for the old cardboard bits, the 3d printed parts do look miles better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are Stuart, I have left mist original parts separate from the 3d printed parts so I can switch back to the cardboard if I feel like it

      Delete
  5. That 3d printing is great! And another skull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're really on a roll counting skills 🤣

      Delete
  6. Yikes - these look positively nasty - good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, the detail on these prints is amazing 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did turn out pretty well. They paint up easy too.

      Delete