Monday 1 February 2021

From PeterD Gretchin Tank for The Armoury (40 points)

 


This isn't how I had intended this little tank to turn out.  I had wanted to paint a mock Caunter camouflage pattern to echo back to a 10mm Western Desert collection that I did nearly 20 years ago.  But then the tank talked to me.  It said "Paint me liken Italian Racing Car.  Paint me like a Maserati 250f like Moss and Fangio drove".  Far be it for me to question the Words of Wisdom beamed into my skull by the Mothership so here we are.



This is a 3D print gifted to me by fellow challenger JeremyM.  Cheers for that Jeremy and have have other item from you in progress  on the bench.  I have no idea exactly what back of which truck this fell out from but it's a goofy little tank.  It painted up quite nicely in a very simple and basic job, but I had fun with it.




The inspiration




Points wise I think it's 20 points for a 28mm vehicle and 20 points of the Chamber, pending Minion approval.



20 comments:

  1. Cute little gretchin tank,not sure red ones go fasta in this particular case! Bit worried about the tank talking to you though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. No need for too much concern, there’s an ocean and travel restrictions between us.

      Delete
  2. Awsome! I love the red-goes-fasta livery, the mega-rivets and the brass cannon. Well done Peter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. The rivets gave it a steam punky feel that seem to demand brass work.

      Delete
  3. It looks kind of cute. Nice work on this mini-tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks really shouldn’t be cute but I agree. Thanks

      Delete
  4. I wonder if this will be as reliable as some of the Italian cars out there? Looks great Peter I'm glad it spoke to you and you had fun painting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jeremy, thanks for the model. When I was 5 my mum bought a little red Fiat so I’m familiar with Italian reliability.

      Delete
  5. I do like the idea of an all Gretchin army. This is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing little tank and the colour scheme is just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. It’s pretty basic but I’m happy with the end product.

      Delete
  7. Nice one Peter, great idea matching the Maserati 👍

    ReplyDelete