Friday 7 January 2022

From JohnE - 28mm Vampire [Vulcan] -25 Points.

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to Curt for welcoming me aboard and to Dave for working whatever magic he will have to do to finalize these posts. Also cheers to all the other participants and minions.

While mapping out my voyage across the Quadrant, I tried to choose miniatures that:

1. I already had

2. I would eventually use in a game or games

Thus my first selection of this 28mm Luvick Siervage from the Reaper Pathfinder range. Seems like he will be a good fit for both The Silver Bayonet and 7TV.

I painted him using Scale75 Scale Colors and Instant Colors. While the Instant Colors can be used in the same manner as GW's Contrast Paints, applied directly over certain primer colors, I have found them to be very useful as washes which is how they were applied here. They have become a useful tool in my arsenal, increasing my painting speed from "snail's pace" to "slightly more athletic snail's pace".










Points Summary:

1 x 28mm foot @ 5 points = 5 points

Vulcan (Outer Ring) bonus = 20 points

Total = 25 points


From DaveD

Welcome to the participation side of the challenge - a grand first entry it is too - not someone to bump into in the night .  . I do like the Scale Color paints as well - though i have not got around to using and the contrast style stuff as yet - one for the "to try" list.

17 comments:

  1. Welcome John. Great first post, loving the red cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Challenge John! Lovely brushwork on this fellow. I especially like his armour. He has a very Elric of Melnibone feel to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking vampire! Lovely red cloak!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice- I really like that blackened armour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard! I, too, am now an athletic snail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking mini, the dark armour and bright cloth work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome John and what a great blood sucking way to start the Challenge

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. "slightly more athletic snail's pace". Haha! You did a great job on the cloak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stuff John, a fine debut to the Challenge. I know the feeling of mapping toys to our Quadrant journey, I’ve spent too many brain cells on that and not enough on painting. Also you take an immediate lead for our little side duel *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I have a feeling that it won't be long until you overtake me...

      Delete
  10. Great "black" on that mini JohnE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the encouraging feedback!

    ReplyDelete