Friday 7 January 2022

From BenitoV: A Ticket to Ride Sarah's Stellar Yacht (25 points)

Good day, fellow starship travellers. Following my short trip to the doomed Death Star, I'm now about to board Sarah's Stellar Yacht with destination  Babylon 5.

 

I tried to pay my ticket with Dogecoins but unfortunately (for me) Sarah seeems to have more sense than many fund managers (and a well known space traveller and entrepreneur) and doesn't like to be carried away by a trendy, senseless and speculative investment. So instead of a crypto, I'll pay my ride with this wailing Germanic Tribe model made in solid, hard metal. 

 


The model belongs to the Foundry "Rome and its Enemies" range and it's a leftover from my XIth Challenge core project. The pack includes seven Germanic women in different poses and a sort of a witch/sorceress that I already painted last year.

My plan is to use these models for my Infamy! Infamy! German Tribe unit. These models may have several purposes in these rules, either being a part of a nice vignette for an ambush/deployment point or becoming a straight support option ("wailing women"), used as a rally point for shocked/routed units.

This entry will add 25 points to this year's personal Challenge score:

1 x 28mm model @5 points + Sarah's Stellar Yacht Bonus (20 points) = 25

From DaveD

Now remember of course that wargamers are reverse alchemist turning gold in lead ! mind you have done a find job there - 25 points it is.


12 comments:

  1. A terrific figure for Infamy! Infamy! Well done Benito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice details and great paint job. Color choices are great also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking wailing woman! Good colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent dental work on this young lady! Well done 😜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking figure nice work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool looking mini, the colours are simple, but really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on her hair! I really like how the thickness of her braid comes through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensible Benito, sensible. I too am one of those who prefers to invest his hard earned cash in something tangible like beautiful pewter…
    Anyway, that’s some very nice painting mate and I’m sure Sarah will be more than happy to aid you on on your voyage

    ReplyDelete