Monday 17 January 2022

From Mike W - 28mm Undead Orcs (45 Points)

At the risk of too much Necromancy in this year's challenge I present a small group of Undead Orcs! The real story behind these figures is that I have a whole bunch of Zombicide & Project Z figures that I have ready to paint-up into hopefully a huge Walking Dead horde (see previous and forthcoming posts!)


The Whole group of nine figures, I'll likely get some more if I seem them at the right price on eBay!

Anyway, I really like the Zombicide figures and I happened upon a game variant that is set in the middle ages where the unsuspecting villagers are pitted against Undead Orcs, the figures looked really nice on eBay so I bought a batch! 

Two 'Runner' Undead Orcs - look to me like the smaller Goblin end of the Green Scale

These 9 figures are that very batch - 2 x Fatties, 5 x Walkers and 2 x Runners!

With these guys I have taken the view that their 'green-ness' should be exaggerated, so I have not gone down the route of giving then muted, pallid skins. Instead I gave them a base coat of Foundry 'Phlegm Green' (charming!) before an Army Painter green wash.

Orc Undead 'Walkers' - mid sized figures

Cloths were allowed to be muted colours (to help exaggerate their green appeal) and so these were done in greys, khakis and browns. Plate armour was done in Gunmetal  and straps etc in dark brown.

I'm taking these to be former Black Orcs, now Undead Orc Fatties!

Mouth and open wounds were completed with a watered down red before the whole being mat varnished. When dry red ink was added to give the effect of flowing blood etc.

And a final view of some of these guys.

I elected to do these bases in fine sand and electrostatic grass.

I must say these little guys were a joy to paint, detail on the figures is great and the figures are all very well posed. It seems that there is also a Sci-Fi version of the game with associated figures - if I see these at a good price, I may also get some of these.

POINTS

9 x 28mm Figures  = 45 Points


Well this is  Phelgmatic group Mike!  Nice work on these slobbering undead Orks.

10 comments:

  1. As if Orcs weren't disgusting enough, now we have to deal with undead ones? Nice work, Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, those are really well painted and even undead the orkishness just oozes out! Literally...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undead orcs?! Wow, who knew? These are great. Note: I need me some Phlem Green...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely green skin tone you have there.😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely green horde. I guess there are plenty more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ick - said with absolute respect to your painting of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are seriously disturbing, Mike, and nicely done with the sickly green hues. Now I’m wondering, do Zech orbs still go “Waaagh!”? Or maybe “ waaaaaggghhhhurgugh”? 😉.

    ReplyDelete