Thursday 3 March 2022

From AlanD: Bloody Nice Miniatures (105 points)

Like many other right-thinking people, I fell in love with the new range of Bloody Miniatures. At present there are only 32 figures available, with more on the way, but they are perfect for adding character figures to your ECW armies or providing a characterful skirmish force. That's what I'll be using mine for, and I hope to use them for Pikeman's Lament.

I rapidly painted the first 8 this week as members of the New Model Army. Not my finest painting, and I had a lot of trouble with the photos, but I hope you get the idea that these are really cool figures! 



Having lulled you into a false sense of security...

...here are some more Romanians!



I have been enjoying my Romanian project, and my tendency to completism has been kicking in. This week I've added a Pak 97/38, one of the hybrid guns designed by the Germans in late 1941 when they were freaking out about T34s. Specifically, the gun was assembled from captured French 75mm barrels with Swiss muzzle brakes stuck onto German Pak 38 carriages, and they fired captured French and Polish ammunition. They saw service from mid-1942 until the end of the war, some ending up with the Romanian army.

I've also painted a couple of loader teams. These are handy additions to an army in Battle Group, giving a gun the chance of an additional shot each round as well as providing more crew, and thus resilience. Completism also involved me painting a bloke with a flamethrower and his mate.



19 figures and a gun gives me 105 points, which takes me past my target of 1309 points for the Challenge! As a result, I have reached my aspirational target of 10,000 career challenge points, from (I think?) 8 challenges (or maybe 7.. I'll have to check). Time to break out the bubbly.

Noone expects the Romanian army! Good work on these- was the FrankenPak effective against T-34s? I'm sure we'll get to see more of your Bloody Miniatures in the coming weeks- can't wait! And congratulations on your career achievement!

Barks

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Alan and a huge congratulations on hitting your 10K Challenge 'career' goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice NMA and Romanians, Alan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🎉 10,000 points! Wow!
    I feel that a flamethrower is always essential!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff and congratulations in the milestone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great entry! I like how you have painted the ECW nice and neat and the Romanians are muddy and snowy - so very different styles and so nicely executed. Congratulations on hitting your target!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Alan, those Romanians are chilly.
    You now are making me want to go back and check my challenge career total

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome civil war types and I really like the hybrid gun and crew!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work. Those are bloody well painted bloody nice miniatures. Love to see the completeness OCD kick in on the Romanians and there pan European anti tank gun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those winter bases are dropdead gorgeous well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of the Bloody Miniatures range as well, though I don;t think I will get around to painting any more for this challenge. I really like your colour for the buff coats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, Alan! Those are some very nice minis! I rather like your Romanians troops though, so keep on painting them cold, muddy troopers. I have felt that misery and no gloves are ever warm enough! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on reaching the two milestones mate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking pikemen - lovely minis beautifully painted. Pikeman's Lament is a great game for them too!

    ReplyDelete