Thursday 3 March 2022

From GeoffreyT: Unholy Carronade (Mars)(67 points)

Joseph Stalin, the man of steel, was reputed to say "Artillery is the God of War".   So for Mars, I bring you the theme "God of War".

No Soviet artillery was immediately at hand, but I did have this piece, "the Unholy Carronade", from Heartbreaker miniatures Warzone Mutant Chronicles line.  Comes with three crew in various states of decay.



This gun looked kind of biological-pipes fusion, akin to the works of HR Geiger.  The gun looked kind of suspect, so I painted in flesh-tones to enhance the look.  



The 'Warzone Mutant Chronicles' game was prevalent between 1995 and 1997.  I was on a gaming hiatus at this time, but last year picked up a bunch of Warzone Dark Legion secondhand.  I didn't know much about them, so I researched into it and found I had a good pile, enough for a viable gaming force.  Then I got interested, bought the gun and couple of other ones for about 30 in total.   


Again, one of these characters had a gun looking like 'a biological appendage' so flesh-tones were liberally applied.  Some people would paint this weapon in different colours to make it look less rude.  I was not one of those people.


The fat one is quite big, 40mm to the eye.


With a whole bunch of others, I now have a complete force for a game which has been largely defunct for 25 years.  This however does not deter me.  I have diligently painted them, put them in their own box and away in a cupboard.  Now I can rest easy knowing the Dark legion is ready to spew forth if the unlikely need arises.

***

There are in this world, games being actively played.  I am playing Elf Union in the Blood Bowl 2020 edition.  I had some players out injured, so needed some journeymen to fill the gaps.  One got MVP and levelled up, so I hired her to the team.  This then required me to acquire a new miniature player.  With slow domestic and international shipping, I had to source locally, and got an old second hand mini in a shop and converter her in a classic blood bowl cheap ass style.  

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING IMAGES MAY CAUSE DISTRESS TO SOME VIEWERS.

The mini was a Ral Partha Elf, so my sincere apologies to any Ral Partha collectors who might be offended by these images of classic metal figure with the weapons crudely hacked off.


This season I am writing any earned skills on their base to make it easier for me.  Oretty rough paintwork, but blood bowl minis take a beating.  Will need to varnish.

***

For this post we have:

One 28mm Artillery Piece = 10 points + 20 points bonus for Mars

5 x 28mm Warzone foot = 25 points

1 x 40mm foot = 7 points.

1 x mutilated elf = 5 points

A grand total of 67 points

A squirrel for Warzone Mutant Chronicles: Dark Legion

Kind Regards

Geoff


I closed my eyes so I don't know what unholy insult you have dared offer up. It was bad enough inspecting your variously-sized flesh cannons. They show great attention to detail, and I'm sure will upset your opponents.

Barks

10 comments:

  1. Nice work, Geoff! I have a few mutant chronicle minis myself, they vanished pretty quickly as a game but the miniatures have been absorbed into many other games. I like the bio construct theme you went with and they are wonderfully repulsive to view, so good job!
    I also like your star player for bloodbowl. I will not out you as a heretic! That is still a nice recovery of a min and a better fate than being forgotten in a mountain of neglect pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking mutant chronicle figures, nice line in repulsion! The Ral Partha elf has come out really well and at least it's getting a game!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Warzone stuff is pretty! Also a good use of an old mini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully lurid set of miniatures. I love them (especially that Ral Partha elf)! Great work Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. Really good to see the Partha elf converted and put to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better the Ral Partha elf on the table than in a drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old warzone models have a lot of character to them. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set of weird wonderful minis!

    ReplyDelete