Wednesday 9 March 2022

From RayR - Donnybrook - Last of the Mohicans (30 points)

 


Back in Challenge 8 in 2018 I painted up the Warlord Figures pack Last of the Mohicans here
Mainly to use as command figures for my Natives for King Philip's War/Bacon's Rebellion.


Around about the same time I bought the Redoubt Enterprises version of the same figures, Although there's no Magua, instead we have the ill fated Major Duncan Heyward.
These will also go into the Native Command box of doom. The ladies will go into the civilian box,
and poor Maj Heywood will go into the what the hell I'm I gonna do with you box!


I think I prefer these figures to the Warlord ones?


Bit blurry I know.
Cora Munro, Alice Munro, Chingachgook, Uncas


Alice, Chingachgook, Uncas, Hawkeye (in his famous, chasing after Magua pose)  and Maj Heyward

Originally I was just going to paint up Cora and Alice, just in case I needed them for Sarah Star ship, but before I knew it I'd cleaned up the pack and stuck them on sticks and lets face it, they're a pretty easy paint job.

This fine looking bunch of 6 x 25mm figures will earn me another 30 points, which leaves me just 9 points shy of Miles in 6th place.
 
***
 
Hi Ray - great brushwork as always, some interesting figures and a wonderful setting. Another 30 points for you! And I think we all have a "What The Hell Am I Gonna Do With You Box"...

GregB

24 comments:

  1. Nice character set, Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking characters!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Ray. Hopefully you can get some use out of the major.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nice thing about a "What The Hell Am I Gonna Do With You Box" is that when you are in a “Holy crap I need a…” moment - that box can be super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could happen just like that Tash, your never know????

      Delete
  5. Very nice box fillers, Ray! :) I guess it is part of the hobby to buy stuff with no real idea how to use them. And part of this Challenge is to paint stuff with no real idea how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Magua? The finale of the film is just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them very much Ray, good job! During the Challenge I find myself painting figures for which I have no use at all too! Part of the fun I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a box full! The Major will join the Red Devil I painted earlier on and all the other figures from the past 11 Challenges.

      Delete
  8. These are excellent. Great fun attacking and defending the homestead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh very well done Ray, love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete