Wednesday 9 March 2022

From PaulSS - Moar Ork Boys (70 points)


Back from our Cornwall vacation on Saturday, I reckoned that I had time to crank out another unit of Ork Boyz before work on Monday so Sunday was spent doing ten more Orks.

After the less than impressive test of Contrast Paints over a very light grey basecoat, I went back to the earlier method of grey automotive primer, washed with VMC Black Grey and a heavy drybrush of VMC Pale Sand before I started.

Even though I'm not entirely sold on Contrast paints I do think that this way of priming gives a better result.



This time I built the heavy with a Rokkit Launcher and the Boss with just a Shoota.



Ten more 40mm figures will add 70 points to my total.

American Civil War Duel Totalizer: 136 foot, 2 mounted, 4 horses (825pts)

Napoleonic Duel Totalizer: 8 foot, 2 mounted (100pts)

***

Looking good Paul - just a reminder that there are still a couple weeks left, so you don't need posts for EVERY Orc you paint to be TODAY...

 I love the rusted look on the Boss in this group. Inspiring stuff!

GregB

28 comments:

  1. More lovely greenskins? You're treating us today, Paul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky us,more great looking orks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bunch of boyz, you seem to have had some success with your method of using contrast paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart, there has been quite a bit of trial and error

      Delete
  4. Don’t listen to Greg, Paul - all orks, all day!! 😉 They look great. I also find contrast paints to be a bit of a shoulder shrug. Just when I’m about to give up on them, they work their magic and pull me back in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find interesting to read from your experiments on Contrasts. These figures look very good, better than some of the previous ones, but it might be the lightning and stuff, too. But yes, very nice, especially the Ork backs etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu
      I finished these when we got back and took these photos at home where the lighting is much better

      Delete
  6. @Greg
    Thank you, I was just writing the articles as I finished each unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This must have been a relaxing vacation...

      Delete
  7. Nice Orks, good rust effect on eth steelwork

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great work. The rustiness gives them a unit cohesion, or maybe they’re just corroded together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi! Orks alway great at the party. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go da boyz! They iz lookin' ready for sum good krumpin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, they had their first bash yesterday evening, report to follow

      Delete
  12. I will show my age by calling them space orcs, but they look absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete