Wednesday 9 March 2022

From BruceR - Another group added to the 44th foot and their commander (45 points)

Time flies as it were.  Life is busy and the ability to roll some dice definitely gets in the way of painting.  I did get to trot out the members of the 44th foot I had finished last week and the current offering for this week.  

Here are a couple of gratuitous shots of a FIW Sharp Practice 2 throw down we had this past weekend.  The Blues, 44th, and Highlanders are the result of the challenge.   

44th Foot




Highlanders



New Jersey Blues alongside the 44th

I present the 2nd group of the 44th foot for my FIW Sharp Practice force.  A buddy is testing contrast paints and convinced me to do the same.  So, these fellows have three colors done with contrast.  The tunics and trousers.  The bread sack. The cloth leggings.  I did my standard black undercoat.  I used a zenithal highlight with a light sand color.  I used the Foundry 3 color method on the previous 8 and I'm not sure if its saves time or not.  Old dog new tricks is the theory. 

These get me close to my goal.  I do have 8 more about 75% done, which will put me over.  They will have to wait for next week.

Again, these are Front Rank.  I love the different sculpts and the officer is wonderful. Hope you enjoy. 











Stay safe folks and enjoy the hobby.

9 28mm Front Rank FIW foot        45 pts
Total                                                45pts

***
Lots of "Contrast" painting in the submissions today. All I know is that, whatever the method one uses, these Front Rank sculpts are just wonderful, and you continue to do some inspiring work. Well done Bruce. 
 
GregB

13 comments:

  1. Great work Bruce! I particularly like the first few shots with the terrain. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid painting, love the officer!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Bruce! Like Curt said, the action shots have a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific work and presentation Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Bruce.
    I plan to have a go at contrast painting on historical figures soon, I think Flesh Tearers Red will do well on red coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the blood angles contrast and it turned out well.

      Delete
  6. Excellent work on these redcoats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done Bruce, they really do look the part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours, I think the contrast worked really well and nice to see them in action too!

    ReplyDelete