Tuesday 3 January 2023

From ForestP: Can you ever have too many zombies? Three 28mm Zombies [Under Construction] [35pts]

 




One could argue that playing zombie games has become passé. Certainly the heyday of zombie gaming is about 15 years or so in the past. I guess that's why I never got around to painting these three 28mm zombies that I believe I picked up at some HMGS-E convention between 2007-2010. I don't know who manufactured these miniatures, but one is plastic (the thinner one) and two are white metal (one painted as a Gen Z'er, and the other one with shorts). I'm fairly certain that the plastic mini is a Wargames Factory Zombie, but the white metal ones I have no clue. I'm all for ID help here.




I always meant to start on zombie gaming, but for some reason my historical miniature gaming always got in the way, and so these test minis never got painted. Not until now anyway! These were the perfect minis for me to get back into the painting mood, and pop my posting cherry for this year of the AHPC. I got to have a little fun, and I knew that there was no pressure to get uniforms "exactly right." Ultimately, the fun I had in painting these minis got me to pull out the other unpainted zombie and survivor miniatures that I bought on a whim a few years ago from some clearance rack. Now I'm looking at them, and thinking, yeah... lets do some zombie gaming! Hence, my entrance at Under Construction Studios. Do you think zombie movies will make a comeback? I have no clue, but I can give about a 60% chance that zombie gaming will at least make a comeback on my table this year!


3 x 28mm foot @ 5 pts = 15 pts

Under Construction (green pass) bonus = 20 pts

-----------------------------------------------------------

Total = 35 pts


While this is a modest start, one has to start somewhere right? I will say, it is nice to be back. For those of you who recall, last year I gave great detail on my painting process, including hyperlinking specific paints. I'm going to take a more laissez faire approach this year, and simply have fun posting what I paint.


Forest



It's a modest start, but a good one! I believe that the "rule" for zombie gaming is that you always need more zeds than you actually have, so I think you should go out and buy some more. Then more still. then even more.

Tamsin


11 comments:

  1. Zombies the gift that keeps on giving, Nice work Forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can. Still, these look very good, Forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! though I agree with my collegue Emjenic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trio of zeds, Forest. I like the cheery spotted hoodie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing more Zs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Tamsin, there's never enough... reminds me the Austrian Napoleonics, you never have enough regiments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always need more zeds.. thems the rules

    ReplyDelete
  8. To quote Luther Vandross, never too much!

    ReplyDelete