Tuesday 3 January 2023

From SanderS: First Post is away! (10 points)

 Hoi There,


Happy New Year Everyone! While you have all been very busy with filling the Challenge with absolutely awesome posts, my hobbytime has been very sparse. I finally managed to finish two of my favourite 40K characters (and the very first named characters I ever bought for the game back in 1996) Interrogator Chaplain Asmodai and Master Librarian Ezekiel. These chaps have seen two earlier repaints but I think I will be sticking with these paintjobs. 

 Asmodai:




Ezekiel:






 Before anyone asks: I consider the Dark Angels to be firmly loyal. Yes they have their own agenda and often work seemingly against the wider Imperium, but so does the Inquisition and nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition (see what I did there?) to explain themselves so why would the first Legion have to?

These will net me 10 points in the lists and make sure I am not wiped from the roster.

Cheers Sander




A great entry to get you on the board, Sander! 

Tamsin

36 comments:

  1. Lovely little guys Sander -- great to see you back -- and surely given this is a third paint job worth the 20 point bonus for "under construction" 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third time’s a charm Sander. Those look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great pair of Dark Angels, Sander. As you say, they are a nuanced lot, which makes them interesting at dinner parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Trier in Germany with school and bought some blade guards at the local GW and the guy asked what Chapter I played and my answer was immediately followed by Loyal or Traitor?

      Delete
  4. Its always great to put paint on figures you've had for an age - nicely done Sander

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool bit of work here, welcome on board

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting, the models and the bases! Nice opening shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I do like the older models from GW. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do have a charm to themselves don't they?

      Delete
  8. They are very loyal to the Emperor and are very keen to remove the non-loyals from their ranks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly right Teemu, I knew you at least would understand!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back Sander! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Sander. At least the Dark Angels are loyal to...an Imperium...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give you the benefit of the doubt ;-)

      Delete
  11. Driemaal is scheepsrecht as we Dutchies are wont to say. They look absolutely fabulous, Sander. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How many skullz on these loyal chaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would you believe that I counted 47 skullz amongst them? Asmodai himself has 12 on each hand and is good for 36 skullz the remaining 11 are on Ezekiel.

      Delete
    2. Wow! Make sure to include the totals on future Skull Duel posts!

      Delete
  13. Love me some old school Spam. Much better than those new fangled clumsy looking giants they produce now. Lovely paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes well in principle I totally agree with you but I have bought some of those new fangled boys as well. My hart will remain with the old school miniatures.

      Delete
  14. Very nice work, and close to my heart (or what passes for it) as well... as Dark Angels were my first 40k army, I probably even still have these figs kicking around as well! keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good, I think that Ezekiel miniature is a classic!

    ReplyDelete