Tuesday 3 January 2023

From MattW: Lady Sara Limo Ride, Black and White, Roman’s and Moderns (166 Points)

Lady Sara Limo Ride, Black and White, Roman’s and Moderns 

Lady Sara, Limo ride

I would like to take the limo ride from Drama lot to Black and White lot please. 




As my offering for the limo ride  I have entered the Armagnac’s new hope for victory  against the English…..Jeanne D’Arc. 
A lovely sculpted Perry 28mm miniature with a hand painted flag over a photocopy





Studio Black and White 


…… as per custom for me  a Star Wars ship (1/172 a weird  scale, the model is about the size of a matchbox car) somehow fits into a challenge somewhere every year! A simple build I completed in between painting the other bits on Sunday, I think I assembled and painted in less than three hours while listening to The Yarkshire Gamers “Brews in the binyard chat” (where I got a mention too! ) 




Roman 

Next up some Romans, as always I commence with a command stand...

Varus I think through the forest to chase off the Germans is a great idea.....this way Arminius.. 28mm foundry miniatures







A unit of Roman Gallic imperial archers, a mix of Warlord and Foundry Miniatures


Another unit of Eastern archers a mix of Foundry and Warlord Miniatures 



Finally a modern matchbox diecast repaint for my Special forces types to ride around in. I have the figures to complete at some stage for the back with HMG. The Toyota technical will make an appearance in my 20mm afghan or middle eastern games 







1 x limousine ride via lady Sara limo  20 points
1 x Jeanne D’Arc 28mm                       5 points 

Location Black and White                   20 points
Star Wars ship (not sure on points)     10 points - scoring as 28mm vehicle = 20 points 20mm vehicle = 15 points

Roman 28mm Command Stand          10 Points
16 x 28mm miniatures                         80 points 
28mm Roman side duel (90 points) 
20mm modern/Cold War Vehicle        15 points
Cold War/ Modern side duel (15 points) 
Total  points  160

Cheers
MattW


What a fantastic set of entries, Matt. I'm going to assume the Star Wars ship is a 28mm vehicle, but it would help in future if you could state the scale, provide a size-comparison photo or email me beforehand to check. I've added a point for the flag as you have hand-painted over the photocopy.

For tracking your progress through the studios, it would be very helpful if you could download the studio map and edit it by adding numbers or ticks to indicate which studios you've visited, then include the updated map as part of your posts.

Tamsin

Update - the Star Wars ship is, I am informed, about the size of a Matchbox or Hotwheels car, so I've adjusted the scoring of that to a 20mm vehicle.

24 comments:

  1. Nice. I especially like the two archers with the large moustaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are warlord, really nice sculpts

      Delete
  2. Sorted added the map. And the scale of the 1/172 scale ( a weird scale) about the size of a matchbox car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! That makes it a 20mm vehicle - I've updated the scoring.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I did mean to post both of those.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  3. Wonderfu set of entries today! I specially like the Joan D'Arc base, outstanding !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I put her on the base I thought she looked a little naked so I thought crossing the English archer barrier would be a good option. I did do some discarded equipment but it was not exactly what was needed.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  4. Great stuff Matt. I especially like your take on Jeanne - got to admire the neat banner. And the Romans as well. All in all a good mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I have hit a purple patch at the moment so cracking on!

      Delete
  5. Lovely work. I especially like Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pete, she only just made it, glue was still damp when the photos were taken

      Delete
  6. Very nice mix of pieces here... quite a bit of squirreling going on there :D Great job all around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No squirrel intended just trying my best to get stuff done!

      Delete
  7. Lovely varied post! The Joan (Jeanne) figure (and banner) are lovely, and that Star Wars clone flyer is amazing, especially for 3 hours work. Also like those venerable Perry Romans. A wonderful scattershot of toys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, the ship was really easy, a quick airbrush undercoat, assembly, the brush in the black, pannel line in pin wash, hairdryer, mix up white and grey on the wet palette with d sad one drying retarder and do the panels. In between I was completing the basing of Jeanne, the Roman command and prepping and painting entries For next week. Only just got them complete for Tuesday entry.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  8. Excellent brushwork Matt, livecthe Joan of Arc figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great looking miniatures, I particularly enjoy the moustaches Warlord have endowed their Gallic archers with!

    ReplyDelete