Tuesday 7 February 2023

From SanderS: Entering the AHPC Studios GmbH (40 points)

 Hoi,

Just exactly how many posts I am able to get done this Challenge is a question I can't yet answer since in a few weeks time I will have to start disabling the entire groundfloor of our home for a major home renovation including my man-cave. 

Anyway, concerning the Studios entries for this year, I have decided  to try and paint figures that are actually derived from movies or TV series. For the SCI-FI entry point I have chosen 4 figures from the Masters of the Universe She-Ra series. They are modelled after the early 80's cartoon, not the more recent and anime-ish version. 

This quartet shows the most famous characters from the series: She-ra, Glimmer, Catra and Hordak.











I simply loved painting these outrageous vibrant colours, they just pop don't they? 

 

Arthur and I had a bowl putting the tufts on the bases, I decided early on that wanted to do a purple ground surface depicted one of the more alien areas of Eternia and these tufts just put the dot on the i. 

4 figures in 28mm will get me 20 points and together with the 20 of the bonus, that will be another 40.

Cheers Sander 



I'm not sure if I ever watched the series when I was younger, but I was aware of it. Lovely work on these figures, Sander. Hopefully the building works won't prove to be too disruptive to your hobbying.

Tamsin

34 comments:

  1. Wonderful colours there Sander

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just about remember the series and that opening sequence was a blast from the past! Smashing colours on your figures, very faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too often you see purple bases and bright blue tufts. Nice work 👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine brushwork as always Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. They do look smashing don't they Martin?

      Delete
  6. Great stuff, love the vibrant colours. Good luck on the Renos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, renovation, man’s favourite hobby (after toy soldiers, of course). Good luck! In the meantime, these look very good and I absolutely love the basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate renovation work really but it will be worth it in the end I hope

      Delete
  8. Great work here. What manufacturer are these from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I think I got them from etsy long ago. If you want some now Archo studios Masters of the Universe is your best bet https://archon-studio.com/shop/25-masters-of-the-universe

      Delete
  9. Stunning colours Sander, best wishes with the renovation

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find such vibrant and bright colours so difficult to paint up and do them proper justice. You have indeed done them justice and great work at that! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are trucky but I have used some AK and Greenstuff world colours and they have great coverage and pigment

      Delete
  11. Great fun especially the neon-bright basing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m glad you enjoyed these Sander, they look like great fun!
    TomC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are certainly very vibrant colors and the basing matches them very well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Splendid looking TV characters!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete