Tuesday 7 February 2023

From SanderS: A squirl post? (55 points)

 Hoi,

 

Today I'd like to show you a few figures I have painted up to clear the table. First up is a figure from Wargames Foundry depicting good old Julius Caesar. My brother turned 40 last week and as a present he asked for a figure of Caesar. That might seem strange but there's a reason for this. He has two sons, just like me, and the eldest is called Ragnar. So for one of his earlier birthdays I have painted him a figure of Ragnar Lothbrok. His youngest is called...can you guess it? Yup...Julius and hence the figure.


Next up are two test figures I have painted up for a future project my Warhammer 40.000 Thousand Sons. I couldn't choose between the regular and characteristic blue armour and the more 30K ish red armour. In the end I chose the latter since I could proxy them for 30K if need be.





Last are 4 real Fimir from the old Heroquest box. After my previous post I really needed to get rid of the  taste of fish in my mouth and so painted up my remaining Fimir.




7 times 5 points for 28mm figures is 35 if I am not mistaken. Oh and there's 12 skullz on the Chaos Space Marines by the way!

Cheers Sander



Nice figures, Sander! I don't think any of them count for the squirrel duel though, as I believe it is a minimum of 25 points per type. However, as the first figure is a gift, I've added it as a Gift Store entry, so you've got another 20 points and can tick that location off on your studio map..

Tamsin

32 comments:

  1. @Tamsin: I know they don't count for the Squirl duel since I am not participating in it ;-) It's just that the figures are all over the place and hence I was reminded of a "squirl-post"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sander! As for the blue vs. red on the Thousand Sons - always remember that 30k is better than 40k, 100% of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Sander, your Caesar certainly looks the part, very stern and no nonsense. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice gift for your mate and very colourful 40k figures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Sander! I am glad you decided on the thousand son scheme as both are fantastic to my eye...I like your Julius model very much. He looks very important with the filigree armor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Ca3sar mod3l really has much character

      Delete
  6. Great work on the space marines

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on Ceasar there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great looking minis. Red is definitely the way to go for the Thousand Sons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the red and gold look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Caesar is a wonderful gift, well done Sander, and I prefer the 30K version of the Thousand Sons. Horus for Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid varied collection of figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete