Tuesday 7 February 2023

From PeteF: Elvish Ice Blade - Limo to the Casting Couch (25 points)

Time to get back on track - non-hobby stuff is taking way, way too much of January and February - but still hope to make it round most of the lot before the end of winter.


This mini is an Ice Blade from the Northern Alliance faction in Kings of War.  She's an individual hero - elf or half elf.  Individuals can be useful - many of them inspire your other troops and they have more maneuverability.  This one has a special ability that helps her when attacking other individuals. I think they get the point.


I've said it before - I highly recommend Kings of War if you think massed battle rank and flank fantasy gaming might be your jam.  It's great game for meeting some stand up folks and collecting all kinds of armies.


My Northern Alliance are getting a not too imaginative icy theme and a purple tartan. 


Mantic did a nice job with the sculpting of this mini - I like the pose and movement. My eyesight is definitely going a bit - I could have sworn she had less of a squint before I took the pictures.


Tamsin - I'm getting back on track - as this is a limo ride which can take me anywhere from anywhere I hope it's OK to skip the map today.  I'd like Lady Sarah to take me back to the Green Zone and to The Casting Couch where we may meet a well known soldier of silver screen.   

Not sure if I'll get him done for next week or even the one after that - on the way to the Old Country for a family wedding so the Bloody Little Soldiers (what my mum calls them) may be on pause for a bit.

1 x 28mm min plus 20 for the Limo.

+ 1 Skull - right there on the knee (Total 26 Skulz)


That's a great figure, Pete! No worries about the lack of map as it's just a limo. A well known soldier of the silver screen? Hmmm, I wonder which one that will be?

Tamsin

19 comments:

  1. Love the tartan Pete but isn’t that outfit going to be a bit chilly! 🥶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees... I'm assuming elvish blood runs hot.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Martin - one of these days I'll get all the thin lines right.

      Delete
  3. A very fine paint job indeed, on a great figure too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really nice figure and paint job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colors on the Ice Elf, Pete! That is a very nice sculpt and I like the colors a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers David - hoping the colour scheme will pull the whole army together.

      Delete
  6. Cool! Nice work on the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking elf, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great figure! Love the plaid work you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking figure, I quite enjoyed Kings of War although I was trying the historical version, fast and brutal!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some unusual but great elves!

    ReplyDelete