Friday 17 February 2023

From StephenS: Technically they're aliens... [Sci-Fi] (63 points)

 G'day,

After hitching a ride to the Sci-Fi lot we stumble across some aliens that have possibly wondered in from the Super-Hero lot, though Captain America has declared that there is nothing super or heroic about them...


I have Thanos and Groot, most recently well-know for their stints in Marvel movies, and both are from planets that may be in galaxies far, far away if not necessarily a long time ago.

Thanos also came with part of a dead moon/asteroid as a throne, further bolstering his sci-fi credentials. Unfortunately, his face didn't photograph that well, possibly because my 3 year old assistant was offering to take a more hands-on approach with the handling of the mini's whilst also trying to climb onto my head.


I also offer up Captain America: Falcon, or Falcon: Captain America (or some other combo of the two characters). Also, a star of movies and a TV show, he is attempting to qualify through the fact he has a futuristic jet pack. But really, I just didn't think he deserved his own post.


All three miniatures are 40 mm plastics from Atomic Mass Games from their Marvel: Crisis Protocol game. The throne takes up roughly 30% of a 6 inch cube, so I have costed it at 6 points, but am open to higher or lower bids. All up, with the bonus, it should add up to 47 points.



Cheers,


Steve



Friday minion: Aha, more MCP! Nice work on these Stephen, very appropriate for the SciFi room. Thanos looks suitably threatening for a big bad, and Sam Wilson as Cap came out great, his bright, patriotic outfit and tactical explosion in particular. I really should build my Sam, and think about where to put him in the MCP queue. 

Also a whoopsie, I set a precedent of scoring She-Hulk at 15 points for a large 40mm model. As that was as recently as today I can't plead absent-mindedness, so am going to have to apply the same to the equally big Thanos and Groot. Forgive me, fellow Minions (though I am a sucker for MCP). Blame it inflation or something. 

Quids in, Stephen, you have 63 points!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work, Steve! Very good effects on Groot and Falcon, but I really like the metallic sheen on Thanos..very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Stephen! I like your Captain America, but the other two are also very nice.

    ReplyDelete