Friday 17 February 2023

From GrahameH: More of the same - 15mm Midianites & Prussian Napoleonics (940 Points)

 More of the same I am afraid but I have now finished the Midianites (Essex Miniatures)

The Midianites 

So first up the last of the Midianite Warbands. Two units, each of 30 figures. I have no idea why but I have always wanted this army and have had the figures for years. So really pleased that the Challenge has given me the opportunity to paint them. I do try to paint a small army for the Challenge each year, so this is this years army. 




Some bowmen (3 units each containing 18 figures)



Two units of skirmishing slingers (9 figures each)



And finally, for the Midianites my last camels (Hurrah!!). These will be added to the baggage


Midianites Points 

Warband (60 Figures) = 120pts

Bowmen (54 Figures) = 108pts

Slingers (18 Figures) = 36pts

Camels (7 Figures) = 14pts 

Total = 278pts


Napoleonic Prussian 

I thought I had nearly finished this army, but I have just purchased 32 more cavalry, purely because I liked the uniform! As they say armies are never finished. 

So, I have painted some cannon for the army. I painted the crew about a year ago, but the thought of painting some many cannons was rather off putting. However, all done now. 25 cannons of various calibre. 


 

Also five Limbers (AB Miniatures)



And of course more cavalry (all AB miniatures)

Cuirassier Regt.



A Uhlan Regt.




Finally, my favourite, the 2nd (Leib) Hussars. 



That is it for the Prussians. I need to decide which Napoleonics to do next. I dare say it will involve cavalry. 

Points 

25 Cannon at 4pts = 100pts

5 Limbers 9 Figures = 110pts ed:58pts

Cuirassiers = 32 Cavalry figures = 128pts

Uhlans = 32 Cavalry figures = 128pts

Hussars = 32 Cavalry figures = 128pts 

Total 594pts 


LOTR Men of Gondor 

24 Gondor Infantry 



Pts for Gondor = 120

I think that this brings this entries total to 992pts 


Friday Minion: Wow, awesome points bomb once again Grahame. The hordes of Prussian cavalry, magnificent, and your basing is most effective on them. 

On points, I think your tallies were right, except the limbers, that I scored as 15mm vehicles at 8 points a piece then added 2 points for each rider. I arrived at 940 points.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an enormous posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, slow down Grahame! That's one heck of a points bomb you've dropped on us, and all so well painted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, excellent post, just kept giving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeepers, that's quite a points bomb innit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boom! Love the nappies, but it’s been great to see you “finish” the Arabs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Graham! Smashing bomb of mins, I really like the napoleonic troops especially the cav and in particular the ulhans! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ABs and impressed by the size of the battery! Its more than grand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I already say I admire your stamina? Love the Prussians, very impressive. I absolutely hate painting limbers and their teams, so I stand in awe of your achievement. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grahame how did I miss this mega Points Bomb!! Great work mate. Loving your Prussian NApoleonics and good to see you moving to a larger scale with the Men of Gondor!

    ReplyDelete