Friday 17 February 2023

From ArthurS: In a Galaxy Far Far Away... (53 points)

 Hallo Everybody!

Last week I had to pass on showing you any painted miniatures because I was busy painting up today's batch. Most of these are Star Wars Legion miniatures I have gotten for my Birthday from mum and dad and some fantasy figures thrown in for good measure.

Let's start with the Star Wars figures okay? This pesky evil Probe Droid is threatening the medical droid! Since the droid is searching for targets, I tried to highlight his base a bit lighter to show the sensor beams scanning the ground.



Luckily Master Yoda and his good friend General Kenobi were at hand to save the droid!



Meanwhile Grogu is enjoying a leisurely walk beside the pond and eating a little snack in the form of a red frog.


Besides the Star Wars figures I also painted some fantasy stuff. First up is a wood elf I got from my dad, he was walking through the forest and stumbled along 3 young griffins. 


The Griffins I gave a base resemblimg clouds as if they were flying or playing hide and seek in the clouds.




Counting out points is always tricky; the Star Wars Legion figures usually go for 7 points each, but I will let Phil decide whether Grogu and the probe droid are worth that much. The Elf and Griffins are regular 5 point 28mm figures So in my cheeky calculations I deduct a whopping 55 points. But l bow down to the Minions decision. 

Cheers Arthur


Friday Minion: Glad to see you back with more Legion goodies for us Arthur, with the noble General Kenobi and Grand Master Yoda. Nice idea on the seeker droid's base, too. I've scored them at 7 points - Grogu might be small, but he is totally adorable which in my book earns the two bonus points - except for the Seeker droid, which I've scored at 5, being both small and uncute. Friday minion is all about arbitrary scoring decisions, and don't you forget it folks. 

That Elf adventurer looks like a venerable sculpt (is it the Heroquest elf?) but where are the three little griffons from?

27 comments:

  1. Great job Arthur! I really like those Star Wars figures in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloud bases on griffons are a terrific idea! Now I just need to find some proper minis and try it out myself. :)
    Very nice painting all together, but have you already painted all the Power Wolf Space Marines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks Teemu, no I haven't finished the Power Wings yet, but I don't know whther I will be painting them this Challenge since I am in a SW flow right now.

      Delete
  3. Very nice painting, Arthur! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks for the kind words Tamsin!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, the Griffons’ cloud bases are very cool!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks lady Sarah, if I sm honest I didn't know how to paint the bases and because they are flying creatures I thought that clouds would be appropriate.

      Delete
  5. Great painting here Arthur. I love the design of the base on Grogu. I can confidently say that the elf is from
    Advanced Heroquest, a game that to yourself must count as vintage, to the rest of us it seems like five minutes ago. (He originally would have had a round base but I prefer the one you have given him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Peter, Arthur says: you are right it's from Advanced HQ and it's a great figure. I chose a flagstone base because it fits in a dungeon better.
      @ Phil: thanks for your generous scoring. The griffons are from Reaper miniatures.

      Delete
  6. Great work, especially on Grogu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool minis, Arthur, well done! I like Kenobi and Yoda with his lightsaber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks, I am well pleased with the light sabres as well since I struggled a lot to get them the way I wanted them.

      Delete
  8. Nice work Arthur! You are getting better and better everytime you pick up that brush! I like the scenic work you are adding to the bases and general kenobi looks really spiffy in his armor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: you're too kind! I try out new techniques every Challenge to improve my painting.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Arthur says: thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  10. Droids are great, but Grogu is always the best.

    ReplyDelete