Monday 12 February 2024

From Iain W: 28mm Napoleonic French Artillery (180 points )

 Here is an expansion to my Napoleonic French artillery to add to recently painted limbers.  Six pieces, 12lb, 8lb and howitzer, all foot,  guard and line. Three are from the Victrix plastic set up to 1814 the other three are made up of the 3d printed carriages that came with the limbers and a mix of Victrix and 3d printed barrels.  The wheels that came with the carriages were just too big ( I'm sure I'll find a use for them) so they have been substituted with some resin wheels which while not having the right number of spokes, are at least the right size, the carriages are closer in size to 25mm rather than 28mm but are good enough in my view by using four crew for each gun I ended up with six spare Victrix crew and by utilising left over Perry elite bodies I was able to make up two more Guard crews, the Victrix heads and arms being entirely compatible with the Perry plastic figures.  There is also a 3d printed freebie I got with the limbers, a command figure with a slightly incorrect headgear but he fills a gap and looks good enough to me!
























Painted in my usual slapdash or if one is being generous, impressionistic manner they're done,following on from these chaps and in the effort of balance I have rather more Austrian artillery in an attempt to even up the arms race. Batteries are single pieces in Valour and Fortitude so my artillery park for both armies are a little excessive but they were primed so they must be painted, thems the rules and I quite like the effect of the grand battery!

Six times thirty ( crew served weapon 10 points, four 28mm figures @ 5 points each, 20 points) for a total of 180 points to my total and the Napoleonic duel. 

All the best 

Iain 

Sylvain: Nothing says "Napoleonic" like a good piece of artillery and your rendition is impeccable. I especially like your bases, evoking a rough field. Great entry for you this week!


15 comments:

  1. Boom! That is some decent fire support, nice work Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! These will look great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on these guns, Iain. I remember the wheels being overscaled in those Victrix kits. Great mods to make it all work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine artillery park with some good kit bashing and repurposing. Looks like a guard battery and a line battery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great artillery support Iain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Iain, that battery's grand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one heck of a grand Grand Battery (pun intended) Napoleon will be well served by these Petite Filles on the battlefield for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great ordnance Iain! I like the way you solved your little issues. Ans yup, when it’s primed it must be painted, no matter how useless. I can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete