Monday 12 February 2024

From SanderS: Overdues and Returns, Clan Jade Falcon! (50 points)

 Hoi,

Let's travel from the Fantasy Department in the Library to the Overdues and Returns section with some Battletech figures that have been cluttering my pile of shame for at least 5 years. 

These are 6 Clan Jade Falcon mechs that I have painted up in the colours of Delta Galaxy, i.e. jade green with yellow accents. Usually Clan mechs operate in units of 5 called stars (each star has 5 points after all) but I had these 6 basecoated since the Kickstarter for the Clan Invasion by Catalyst Games was released. 

There's 3 older white metal figures, shown below, and I do like the hefty feel of them as opposed to the new plastic ones.


The plastic mechs however are far easier to paint with better details and sizes. 



I only applied transfers for the Clan itself (the green bird with katana on a blue white square backing) and for Delta Galaxy (the white bird with a blue wave in the background) on their legs, there's too little flat space to add other decals like numerals etc. 

Now again these miniatures are roughly the size of a good 28mm figure and together with the Library bonus that should net me 50 points. Oh and of course they will net me 30 points in the Stompy Robots Side Duel ;-)

Cheers Sander.

Sylvain: Camouflages is for sissis, that's what these lovely painted mechs are yelling at me. The vivid contrast between the green and the yellow works very well and the details on the panel lines emphasizes their mechanical nature. 50 points well deserved!

 


22 comments:

  1. Great looking Mechs, Sander! I especially like the green and yellow livery as it makes me think of spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the winter would end alright, I am done with the rain and soggy dampness...

      Delete
  2. The Mechs look amazing love the green and yellow, they just pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the colours, I particularly like the orange accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bright look for your star. Clans don’t need camouflaged….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live the shade of green. Top work Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing paint scheme. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibrant colour, love those Mechs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work. I have finally had a go at battletech in the last year at our club. Fun game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you liked it, I do suggest you read up on the fluff, it's really immersive. The "warrior trilogy" is a good start!

      Delete