Sunday 10 March 2024

From Codsticker: Bloody Miniatures- The Witchfinder General and Pikemen en Melee (40pts)

 Last night I came to the horrible realisation that the latest edition of the AHPC will come to a finale 8 days from now; if I didn't pull my finger out I wouldn't get even close to my target of 350 pts. So, here I am trying to sneak the last two weeks work in under the wire for today. 

First, I have pack BM 034, The Witchfinder General:


The poor victim of his investigation: no doubt a witch as she was found to cohabitate with several cats and- even worse- can read! Impossible for a woman of her lowly status unless acquired through other-worldy means.

Fortunately for the small community, this upstanding puritan investigator has rooted her out:


The evidence against her is weighty. This fellow would know as he is quite smart (you can tell because he wears glasses).


The long arm of the inquisition, this harquebusier was responsible for tracking her down and bringing her to judgement


It doesn't look good for this young woman; surely the pyre is next for her.


With the Pikemen en Melee (BM 035) I chose to give them matching equipment as I figured they probably came from the same regiment.


As I have painted quite a few in blues and reds I went with green (GSW Pickle Green) coats for this group.


I imagined all the buffcoats and harness were all sourced from the same manufacturer.


Just the trousers and socks have some variability.


This man refuses to give up his pike; I may crop that weapon and turn him into an ensign (I couldn't settle on a flag so he got a long stick).


That is 40 pts for this entry:
8 x 28mm miniatures @ 5 pts each + 40




Great work once again Rob. Lovely painting on these sets, and you have really gone through a fair few of them throughout this challenge. I almost see the second set coming to the rescue of the would be witch there... or if not then at least keeping the crowds at bay while she is prepared to burn!

40 pts for you here!
Kyle


8 comments:

  1. These are so nice please stop tempting me to buy them. so well painted to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed your work on these lovely minis. Great painting, and best photos of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fantastic work on these BM releases. Hopefully the pike will come to the rescue of the obviously innocent lady in green & literally give the inquisition the shaft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely figures, really well painted!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work here, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. She turned me into a newt!

    ReplyDelete