Sunday 10 March 2024

JezT - Dark Age Footsore Miniatures Welsh - 28mm (90 points)

Hi All 

I wonder how many challengers have ended up painting some figures from a range and been so impressed they expanded to create a new army! This is the situation I faced and really pleased to do this post and showcase some Footsore miniatures figures that allow me to field a new Welsh army option playing my preferred Basic Impetus games. 

These are the skirmish javelin figures pack that started it all off - I really liked these and immediately decided to paint them up as generic type skirmishers that I could use in Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-Dane and Norman, well for any army really. 


Very action packed poses .....

I know these figures have already featured in a few posts already this challenge. I like these so much I started to think about a Welsh army but was initially put off as I did not want to paint so many basic light spearmen needed. However could not resist buying more and decided if I blend some Welsh characters in with my existing Saxon Fyrd Levy figures I would get the overall look and allow me to play an interesting Norman v Welsh battle.  

I ended up buying some Welsh Knifemen, and made some small conversions to change to javelin, spear and bow armed ....




Next a pack of Picts but thought would work well as Welsh ...


Showing how look on Impetus style bases - foot light spear and skirmish base

Also wanted a new Welsh mounted Commander .. these come in pack of two mounted.

One painted as Norman (loud booing)

Finally added in some spiritual help - this is one of the Footsore Anglo Saxon range character figures that thought would fit in well.



I can use the Priest to add into a spear block or use in a command base. There are two new disorder counter "dead" models as well (these are from Gripping Beast and counting as one figure 5 points).



 

Points wise that is 3 packs of 4 foot figures for 60 points, plus a pack of 2 Mounted for 20 points, and then the Character Priest - 5 points and disorder markers - 5 points so total of 90.

Looking forward to getting these into action shortly ..........

Cheers Jez 

Congrats Jez! I think you have been upgraded in your hobby status by starting a new army off of a great feeling from painting a model! Great work all around here, and hoping that the Priest can help conjure some good foes for you to tackle with this growing Welsh army!

90 pts for you
Kyle

9 comments:

  1. Love some dark ages stuff! Really nice selection of figures. Love the bishop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Footsore ranges are fantastic- great to see some getting painted for The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. The Bishop looks like Gandalf in desguise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. I especially like the shield on the priest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always loved painting the Welsh, they look really nice Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Welsh,the priest is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on those cloaks!

    ReplyDelete