Thursday 7 March 2024

From JamesM: 28mm Necromunda Esher gang (70 Points)

Hi folks,

During last years challenge, I managed to make a start of my Necromunda gangs. One gang which was built but didn't make it to the painting desk was lined up for this years challenge. 

"House Escher is unique among the great Houses of Necromunda, for its gangs are made up entirely of women. Masters of pharmaceuticals and chemical manipulation, what an Escher may lack in terms of raw physical strength, she more than makes up for in speed, skill and sheer psychotic flair."

Some of these ladies have seen the table, but in a sadly unpainted state while we were getting to grip with the rules. 



I'm having real issues with lighting for photographs currently. My desk painting light seems to sync with my phone camera and causes a flickering effect that shows up on pictures. This is impacting the brightness of my photos. So below is one of the images, but with the gamma turned up:





Basing is done as per my other Necromunda models, using the GW plastic underhive range. The gangers are a mix of the basic plastic gang, the add on box of Death Maidens and Wyld Runners, plastic weapons upgrades and forge world upgrades. 

This entry consists of fourteen 28mm infantry figures, giving 70 points. 

TeemuL: Getting decent photographs can be a real pain sometimes, but I'd say the last three look great. And the minis look great, too! I really like the bold colours on the hair and the uniform look, but not too uniform. Good that you managed to get your Necromunda project(s) to finish line. Necromunda is one of the games I have never tried, although I'm quite sure I would like it. I guess the on/off support GW has for the game and relaunches and new editions and new rules kind of push me away, but gaming it friends it only takes a decision to use a certain rule system and that's it. It could be done.

12 comments:

  1. The gama pics look great James, as does the quality of your work on these characterful minis. I quite like the flaming hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work on these gangers. I painted a gang but never actually played the game. For the challenge I purchased a cheap ring light which really helped. It was advertised to improve video conferencing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have another gang completed for our campaign. They look cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. somebody else to bloody kill me. There is no space for law and order in the underhive. Nice figs mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking gang. Have to love to Mohawk style flaming hair. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a very refreshing take on the Esher gang, I really appreciate your coloyrscheme, it's suitably colourfull on the one hand but menacing on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic painting on these they look so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, the Escher are a great gang.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaming with unpainted models? How dare you! Seriously though, lovely work here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work. I think some of these young ladies attend my calculus lectures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent painting on these james

    ReplyDelete