Thursday 7 March 2024

From RayR: Haitian Revolution - 25mm Saint-Domingue Cavalry (90 points)

 

It's back to Haiti or Saint-Domingue as the French called it.
Here we have a unit of 9 Haitian Cavalry.


I wanted to paint up a cavalry unit for the anti French side, but of course these can be used for both sides. 
The troops would have been raised by the French using the local population and used by the French as seen fit.


I'll be using these in my up and coming game, fighting for the Haitian Revolutionary side, like the infantry I painted previously, they might be dressed in a French uniform, but that doesn't mean they can't and won't fight the French!


I've been painting away like a madman trying to get some figures painted for my next entry, the clock is ticking down to the 21st a lot quicker than I'd like, I think I might struggle with my 1000pt target!


These 9 Trent Miniatures are from the French Cavalry pack, now sold by Skytrex. Three figures for a whooping £18!!! Yes £18. I believe, one figure per pack is cast in silver or gold????
I've had these figures for quite a while and bought them from Arcane Miniatures, when they were a lot more reasonably priced.

Anyway, moan over

Onto the points

9x mounted figures@10pts each = 90pts

TeemuL: You can of course spend your money on GW's metal squire command pack for their Bretonnia range, that's £32 for 3 foot miniatures. I guess they will be sold more than those French Cavalry packs, so they must be worth it... But back to your Haitian Revolution, it is good to have unit that can fight on both sides, just try to remember which side they are fighting during the game, unless, of course, you are looking for some nice plot twists. Those are painted by your usual great standard, well done, and I have my fingers crossed for you to reach your target!

24 comments:

  1. Great dual purpose cavalry Ray. They will compliment our game nicely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking cavalry, Ray. Super characterful project. Yes, I agree, 3 figures for 18 quid seems to be creeping into GW's SillyLand pricing. It sure encourages you folks going to shows for the bring-and-buy deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cavalry. It appears you were buying collectibles when you got these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to see you paint up some horse for the Haïti project. As each year I cannot wait to see a group shot of all your Haitian figures they are so wonderfully exotic and well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, won't be long gir the group shot. Times running out fast!

      Delete
  5. great looking figures, got to watch those prices sneaking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoying your progress on this project Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Ray. Good moan, but historical figures are a much better price than the proprietary Si Fi and Fantasy ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I don't buy Sci-fi and Fantasy figures then, Peter 80)

      Delete
  8. Well done ray, this is such a good project

    ReplyDelete