Thursday 7 March 2024

From KentG: 28mm ww2, Japanese Samurai, pirates and confederate artillery (245 pts)

 This week has been one where I've been trying to complete some of the projects I've started during the challenge. The figure below is a wargames foundry knight that I thought hey,  I'll just do  a quick paint, then saw a color scheme and lost myself  having way to much fun.


This Chap is for a customers growing French army
He somehow got missed and was sitting in the bottom of a box






We have just 3 Wargames Atlantic 3D printed US para's 



These Italian paras are from Warlord games and I managed to
paint these up yesterday, they are really nice metals
I was watching a video on how to paint them while doing it





4 more pirates, you might notice a difference in the bases
I ordered a bunch of bases with slots in the which I'll
used on quite a few which don't have the metal bases already attached


last of the Samurai which have been a lot of fun to paint


And then we have 5 guns to join the confederate forces
these are from the Perry Miniatures metal sets




who doesn't like a line of artillery, hmm,
maybe the Yankee's standing in front of them


                    Points

                1 x 28mm Cavalry = 10pts
                5 x 28mm artillery @ 10pts each = 50pts
                20 x 28mm artillery crew @ 5pts each = 100pts
                12 x 28mm ww2 infantry @ 5pts each = 60pts
                4 x 28mm pirates @ 5pts each = 20pts
                1 x 28mm Samurai = 5pts

                Total points 245

From Millsy: I love a good "gumbo post" with a bit of everything thrown in and this is a cracker Kent. I'm surprised given your volume of output and quality of work that you'd need to watch any video on technique but I guess we can always learn something new no matter how expert we are. The pick of the bunch for me is the French knight with his glorious blue and red combo. Lovely stuff and he'll stand out on the table regardless of anything else alongside. Lovely work as always mate!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful little beaches of figures. Well done. Really like the knight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bruce the knight wasn't even on my list of figures to paint but I saw him sitting on the shelf all alone the rest of his mates long since painted so though what he heck and I to like him the most.

      Delete
  2. Great work all around. The French knight's heraldry is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom I was a bit worried to start with but he turn out ok

      Delete
  3. Some lovely clean crisp painting here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on all of these figures. Love the knight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like the French knight is the favorite this week

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful and eclectic set of miniatures. I think the knight is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely heraldry on the French Knight Kent. Getting the Fleur de Lys consistent and evenly spaced is never easy and yours are bang on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all a bit if guess work, just eye balled it and went for it

      Delete
  7. A really nice mix of figures with differing paint schemes that showcase your painting talents Kent

    ReplyDelete