Thursday 7 March 2024

From GeoffreyT: No bonus points for me (25 points)

Hello Challengers,

This week I have a few minis I have worked hard on, trying to get a smoother look and using nice matte finishes.  Black lining with washes and inks to delineate areas rather than just rely on colour contrast.

The first three are from Banhus miniatures, cast by mammoth miniatures.  I have no idea what they are, but I like them a lot and am sure I could use them in one of many miniature agnostic games.  They are very beautiful sculpts, but there was some very thick flash and some bubbles in the casts which is annoying.



Next I have an elf character from inquisition miniatures.  Might use him as my next ranger from Rangers of shadow deep, as the last one died a horrible death.


Finally a baddie from Northstar minis, it is a Krampus, a bonus fig that came with a Silver bayonet package deal.


These are all 28mm, so 5 x 5 = 25 points.  Sadly I have already scarfed all the bonus points and there is none left for me, but it does push me over the 1000 point target I set myself.

There is a skull on one of the Banhus miniatures, and also 9 skullz on the Palanquin of Nurgle I forgot to claim last week.  So these extra 10 skullz brings my total to 17.

Kind Regards

Geoff

From Millsy: Your efforts to produce a smooth finish on this batch of minis has paid off in spades Geoff. I'm particularly impressed by the snail-turkey(?) thing's shell but they are impressive in their own way. If you want some other minis to fit alongside have a look at Eureka's chaos stuff. Proper weird! Super brushwork mate...


8 comments:

  1. Some lovely brushwork on this variety of models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weird and wacky post! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first set. Very Hieronymus Bosch in tone. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird and odd but very well done and eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure those first 3 figures were in a nightmare I had last night. Great painting of slightly disturbing figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like those mutant-demon things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and strange figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can see the care you have taken, the time has been very well spent the detail is great painting is smooth and clean great job

    ReplyDelete