Wednesday 26 December 2018

From BrettM: Move over for Guinea Pigs! (30 Points)

First entry this year was actually a Christmas present for the wife. I had bought her these Guinea pig miniatures a while back as she stated she wanted to "paint with me" 


While I jumped at the chance to share my hobby with my wife. I had doubts of anything actually happening. So while they sat for so long I finally grabbed them and painted them myself.


When she opened this up. She didn't even mention how she was to paint these herself. Just that she loves Guinea pigs and she loves it. Guess maybe I will try some Orcs next time to get her to paint.


As for point cost on this. I am really not sure what scale they are to be. It shows 28mm on the site I got them from. However being not very big I didn't know how that actually worked on the scale. There is 8 Guinea pigs in total the pumpkins and vines found at hobby lobby. Just repainted the pumpkins for more of a realistic look. 

___________________________________

Welcome back Brett! 

Over the nine years of the Challenge I'm not sure if we've had guinea Pigs submitted, so that box is now duly checked.  These chaps look very cute and I particularly like the scenic base with the pumpkin and greens buffet. 

I can't tell you how many friends of mine have figures from/for their partners acquired with the best intention that they'll somehow 'paint together'. Personally, I loath the idea. I firmly believe in the separation of Church and State, meaning that my hobby is just that, 'mine'. Mine for me to enjoy in glorious, silent, misanthropic isolation. But, then again, I'm also known as a bit of a grump, so take this with a cow lick of salt. :)

Well, eight 28mm guinea pigs, with lovely base and greenery... Let's put that at 30 points for the lot. Well done Brett! 



15 comments:

  1. That's not something you see on a gaming table every day. Nice work and very cute to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Brett. They are cute, definitely look like guinea pigs and the basing rocks! It looks like they’ve escaped their cage and found a neighbour’s raised garden bed to plunder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and cuddly stuff, nice way to grab 30pts Brett :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great,nice objective! I've done some terrain and now that I think of it a handful of figures with my daughter but I can safely say that hell would freeze over before my wife would paint one of my figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff Brett! :)

    Next up, some of Annie's Gunny Peegs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamsin beat me to the question these are excelland and as membe rof Babby's Cave I'm thrilled to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely one of the more unusual submissions I’ve ever seen! Very nice indeed and my wife would never go near painting my figures.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Brett! That's hilarious. I've been exactly where you are. I ended up painting a fairy for my wife after I got tired of it sitting there for "when I'm ready" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well theres a first for everything! Maybe next Christmas with the Gunny ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, trying to involve swmbo in the hobby...you my friend are far braver then I am. But I must confess that guinea pigs are the best way to go if any. Grand little vignette Brett!

    ReplyDelete