Wednesday 26 December 2018

From MilesR: French Marines & British Limbers in 15mm (232 points)

 Yet more 15mm Napoleonics in the form of 2 units of French Marines and 6 British artillery limbers with 6 pounder guns in 15mm scale.  All of the figures are from Old Glory's Blue Moon line.

As I may have mentioned in an earlier post, The actual marine figures are US War of 1812 Marines but they have been pressed into service as Franchise.  They look close enough.

The planned Historicon game will have a large naval battle and both sides will have the option of either keeping their Marines on board their ships for boarding actions Or landing them as formed units along the coast to flank their opponents.  I always like giving players a few key choices at the start of a game and I never fail to be surprised by some players creativity.

 I also painted up some Limbers, as any respectful army should have Limbers.  There are a lot of aspects I really enjoy about this hobby but painting up limbers isn't one of them.  The mini's were fine and I like doing cavalry but I just have this mental block about Limbers (in any scale).   There will be some French and Spanish ones over the course of this Challenge.

Technically each limber should have 6 horses rather than 4, but I went with a more cost effective path plus I didn't have bases long enough for 6 horse teams.  I do hope all of you forgive my parsimony on the topic.

Lastly, to go along with the limbers are six, 6 pounder field guns for my British forces.  They'll likely find their way into a fortification that is currently under construction.  Make sure I don't try to double count them for points.

The Tally appears to be:

56 Infantry Figures @ 2 points each = 112
6 guns at @ points each = 24
6 limbers @ 16 points each = 96
(the limbers have 4 horses and 2 riders for 12 points and the caisson for 4, which gets us 16 points per

Total = 232 points

Perhaps some terrain next?

________________________

Wow, amazing work Miles, I'm very impressed. Your marines look the business and I totally agree with you regarding limbers/support wagons: they look absolutely terrific on the tabletop, but are as dull as dirt to assemble and paint. So I applaud you on getting so many done in such a short period of time. 

Unrelated to your painted force, I have to say that your terrain looks fabulous. Is this one of your recent creations? It really is superb. 

232 points. Wowza. Another bomb crater for Challenge IX. Hats off to you, Miles!




19 comments:

  1. You may not have enjoyed painting the limbers, but I'm sure your players will enjoy seeing them on the table. Smashing work on your marines too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super work Miles, very impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite Napoleonic uniforms. Love the Dark blue and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tip top work, Miles. Absolutely amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Miles! You're really a painting machine! Impressive pace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top notch additions. Really like those limbers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 232 points? Clearly you are just limbering up for your real points bombs Miles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking troops and lovely looking limbers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking stuff, I can almost hear the sound of them marching from here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work. There's never enough napoleonic minis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos for painting up limbers Miles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the Miles train keeps on chugging. Great output and nice looking units.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Miles, you've been busy! Great looking troops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsers, that lot looks great, as does the table

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Marines look grand, Miles! The artillery limber are nicely done as well...I suppose if they had lace, buttons and regimental colors they might be less of chore!? ;)

    ReplyDelete