Wednesday 26 December 2018

From ByronM - Return of the Greeks (80 points)

Last year I started a new project, Ancient Greeks, and while the forces turned out big enough to play a game or two they did lack a little diversity.  So this year I am adding a three more units to the armies to add a bit more choice to them.


Since I am visiting the Snow Lord in January I figured it would be a good idea to get the extra units done up and ready to take with me for a game with Curt and his crew.  Hence, the first real units I am painting this year are for the Greeks (well some of the first units, I do suffer from Gamer ADHD so I am sure I will still pull a squirrel or two out of my hat before they are done).


Regardless, first up for the Greeks are some very simple archer units.  These two units lack any real distinguishing colour features so that they can be teamed up onto whichever side needs them (or pays them) to fight for them.


The sculpts are from Foundry and while very basic do have a lot of character.  They are based on 40x40 bases in loose formation to work with my Hail Caesar basing.

I hope to get at least one more large unit of Greeks done before mid-January and then it will be onto other projects.

_________________________

Nice work Byron (I love the big sun hats)! As you say these will come in very handy in fleshing-out your existing collection of Hoplites. I very much look forward to seeing them first hand on the tabletop in a few short weeks!


18 comments:

  1. A nice unit of light infantry there, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Byron. Good to see the Greek collection getting some new recruits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking figures Byron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corking work, Byron, and was a superb looking unit they look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking bunch of archers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on these archers Byron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work the muted colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice of colours on these archers Byron. Will be painting some myself if all goes to plan this challenge.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work Byron. There's nothing like a multipurpose unit or three!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking psiloi Byron - light troops are a key part of the hoplite army and yours are might fine. Looking forward to seeing these fine lads on table in the Queen City this winter. FYI I have an old (c1984) Hoplite Greek army if you are looking to add numbers to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What would the Challenge be without your Greeks mate? Terribly well done these chaps, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice indeed Byron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work, Byron! You can really feel the hot Mediterranean air with the scorched basing and those nifty sunhats! ;)

    ReplyDelete