Sunday 1 March 2020

From BrettM: See you on the Beach (250 pts)

So far on Challenge Island

Now onto Mudry's Mesa I was inspired from last years entry from DaveD and his great job on his "hit the beach" entry.


I've had these since the competition ended last year. In fact pretty sure I went to Miniature Mart site and bought them right away. After seeing the post. So what better time to get them painted up. First up are the Tanks.

I enjoyed painting these and probably the quickest things I have painted in a while as far as from when I started to when they were completed
Think the commanders that came with the tanks look more like Brits than the US Commanders. Guess they could be either though. I haven't put any decals on them yet for this reason and not sure if I am going to. May just leave them how they are.
Now I would ask, do I have have enough? I believe I said I needed more last year, and was told by Dave I do. So I suppose I still need more

Now onto the landing craft.



I already had 3 boats painted previously, However I never did paint the infantry for them. Since I was painting these other 3 boats and infantry. Just painted them all together to knock them out.

Always torn on whether I should base tanks on bases or not. So far I have not, and leave them as is for the tabletop. I think I will always question myself on this anytime I paint any vehicle smaller than 28mm

In total the infantry for the boats were half models. Think they were awarded to Dave last year at 1pt per. So there is a total of 144. Then 3 boat drivers and 6 half models on the guns. So another 6 models if you combine the half ones. Total point wise 156 for figs and 64 points for the vehicles.

MilesR: A very nice invasion force in 15mm,  Lets us all hope these men are bound for Utah rather than Omaha Beach!  A very nice form of preparatory points bombardment in the form of 250 total points!

11 comments:

  1. Nice work Brett. Mind you, if you were to ask Dave he'd say that you still need more - just look at how many he's added this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice start... 😂😂😂. I have some LCVP teams in the pipeline too today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely entry Brett - I've missed doing my 15mm this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking invasion force!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great collection of amphibious happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great models, and an impressive invasion force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Onto the beaches indeed! Excellent invasion troops!

    ReplyDelete