Monday 2 March 2020

From Barks: 40k Assassins (10 Points)

After several years, I have shorn this albatross from my neck. I got these assassins second hand, assembled and basecoated. I very carefully removed the mouldlines and pointedly put off painting them. I did the Vindicare in 2018, and the Callidus earlier this challenge. I have now finished the Culexus and the Eversor.


The Culexus is a psychic assassin, using your dreams to murder you. He's got Psyk-Out grenades, and insane neck muscles from holding up his not-at-all-Gigeresque hat.

Culexus Assassin


The Eversor is a straight-up psychopathic murder machine pumped to the eyeballs with combat drugs. I'm not a huge fan of the funky scenic base, but it looks OK on display.

Eversor assassin


As a bonus, I dug up my 1997 Eversor, and I think my paintjob still holds up. I really like the old model. Skull-ception on the head!




And for those not down with 40K- these are the good guys.

2x 28mm figures 10 points.

Skull-o-meter™: 12
Cumulative Skullz: 49

***

Haha, very nice Barks! The "good guys" indeed. So nice to see the vision of the future for "combat drugs" is so positive, in tune with the uplifting vision of The Emperor...

Great job, another 10 points for you. 

GregB

14 comments:

  1. Lovely looking assassins! I do like the older version too though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em mate!
    Very skully too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only have the older versions in our collection, but these dynamic poses make me think we've missed out. Some great painting here, Barks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've got a full set of the old ones then you're fine!

      Delete
  4. Oh man these guys are brilliant! I do agree on the silly (Necron?) scenic item on the Eversors base, as if he'd drag it along to every job to look good on camera... but your painting cannot be faulted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these skull-tactic figures Barks, I’m on the whole glad these guys are on our side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds exactly like what a heretic would say...

      Delete