Monday 2 March 2020

From MilesR: WW1 BEF in 28mm (160 Points)

It's been awhile since I had a submission so hopefully you like these WW1 Early war British Troops in 28mm from Empress Miniatures.  The miniatures are superb - I really think Empress has the best line of 28mm figures on the market.
 There are a total of 24 infantry figures, 4 command and a machine gun with a 3 man crew.

These chaps will see use with the upcoming Blood and Valor game system which is supposedly making its way to me as we speak.

I really need to find a way to get more of these figures - they are a true joy to paint.  The tally should be pretty simple - 31 figures plus the machine gun.  The "rules" say 28mm guns are 10 points but this is a really simple model so lets go with 5 points for it instead - that brings me a tidy 160 points.
It was very nice to get the time to spend at the painting bench.












***
Great work Miles. I have to agree - and I'm sure many others here will as well - that Empress do produce some of the finest and most enjoyable figures to paint.  Since you cranked out 31 of these lovely castings, no doubt it was enjoyable, we can sense from your post that it was a great bit of hobby fun. 

These look tremendous - that will be 160 points for your always-impressive tally, good stuff. 

GregB

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking bunch of BEF!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff Miles and good to see you back in the swing of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome bunch Miles! Reminds me I still have to do some more WW1 troops as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Tommies Miles, it’s great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete