Wednesday 23 December 2020

From KyleC - USMC squad encountered - 45pts

Entering the Chamber of Darkness we encounter an unlikely of foes... 5 USMC models in black and white..

I actually had no plans to paint WW2 this time around but these showed up free with my latest issue of Wargames Illustrated and challenge to paint in black and white made for a good chance with these models.

Again more tests. And something that I really should investigate further on as it was a fun little project to do. 

Started with overspray ING of white over black, and then a heavy dose of grey contrast paint applied. 

With then Ivory added for the effect to come alive. There are spots I could improve but another aspect of this challenge to me is to balance quality and speed. 

So this was another set of 25pts with 20 for the challenge. Netting me 45 pts here.

And off to the shoreline of the aquifer... 

15 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like me some greyscale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking grayscale WW2 types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking grayscale here. Having done a bunch of it in the past, I can appreciate the excellent work on these, much better than what I achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really happy on how they turned out considering how I painted them! It could be refined a bit more, but overall happy with the results for sure!

      Delete
  4. Great work Kyle, I'm now going to check the pile of free stuff I'll never paint for suitable inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top Job, nice idea for the Greyscale 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're really churning models out at a great rate. Well done on these black and white marines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you’re a machine. Nice greyscale effects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you're on a roll. These have come out very well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and a great little entry

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Grey contrast is a clever tip for greyscale- I’ve never been bold enough to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete