Wednesday 23 December 2020

From GeorgeS: 1:32 Cowboy trapped in duel (35 Points)

      Hi everyone! I'm happy to be here for the first time. This is my first miniature in this challenge and it could be nothing else but my favourite 1:32 scale! I will also paint some 28mm in the future.

     This is an unbranded cowboy figure that copies the classic Airfix pose but bigger (about 60mm) and with simpler lines. The thing that makes me want to paint it is his face. Great details and expression. The rest of the figure is nothing great but the painting makes it pop-up! The scull is scratch build by plasteline (!) and the base is a plain iron plate. This figure was primed and ready to paint for some months and watching me every day from the shelf.  When I see the 1st chamber's theme it comes to my mind at once.

  

      So , I believe I can score 10 points as a 1:32 figure , and 20 points if that gets me on the first chamber in the challenge as he is trapped by his opponents guns and looks like giving up ..



  I have reduce the size of the images to 800X600 but this still gives 180dpi (!) I don't know how to reach 72 dpi .( unless the picture will be very small )


      That's all for now. Good luck to all the challengers to their goals and the Chambers of  Challenge!

Meeerry Christmas to everyone and a Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year!!

 

Keep Up The Brushes!!


23 comments:

  1. First, Welcome to the Challenge, George! Wow! This is so awesome!! This guy reminds me of the cowboy figures I used to play with as a kid. So cool. I also, love the bespoke steer skull. Very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt! I see that I've been taken 35 points instead of 30 I assumed. Did I miss something?

      Delete
    2. I gave you a little more for the hand-crafted steer skull. I often revel in the power I wield. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks a nice paint job on a cool model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome onboard, nice work on this guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting and nice scratch building!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the madness, top work on the big guy 👍🏼
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking cowboy, the skull helps set the mood nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stuart! I made this skull playing with my daughter..haha. The idea to use it comes afterwards.

      Delete
  7. Nice work, that figure has that old school Marx feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. Yes indeed due to its size. But it is a copy of the classic Airfix pose (somehow..)

      Delete
  8. He really looks like he is having an Oh oh moment, doesn't he? I think he came out great, and the face is very expressive. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is in trouble. Next moment he ends up surrendering or trying to shoot and gets dead..poor guy :)

      Delete
  9. A classic pose! One skull noted.

    ReplyDelete