Wednesday 23 December 2020

From LeeH - Ho Ho Ho

I've made it a bit of a tradition to open my AHPC campaign with a Christmas themed figure. The problem is I often buy these the winter before and the figure I chose last year was Death (from the Discworld novels) dressed as Santa, preparing to go down a chimney. Given the nature of 2020, I thought that was a little too close to the knuckle! So a quick rummage in my Lead Mountain and behold a Viking Father Christmas from Foundry. 




It's great to be back in the Challenge again, especially this Winter when I think many of us could do with the distraction. I expect all of our collective 'piles of shame' are a little smaller than we expected at this time of year, but if you're anything like me, there is still plenty left to paint. I'm easing off the accelerator a little this year with a more modest points target, but I still have the same aim, to paint figure to play with. I won't be doing much 6mm this year, but I will be cracking on with some 15mm figures for Chain of Command.

So a nice simple one to score, 1x28mm figure will get me started with a modest 5 points. Merry Christmas everyone. 

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking figure. Santa with a sword? I would not want to be on that Santa's naughty list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Santa! The red has come out really nicely and I must say that I admire your photography skills as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the Santa Lee, love the facial expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking skandahooligan santa!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still wanna say "Green Giant" Nice work Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fine work on your Christmasy Viking. Unlike his christian counterpart I guess he's more into the collecting gifts side of the business

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fine work on your Christmasy Viking. Unlike his christian counterpart I guess he's more into the collecting gifts side of the business

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a smashing figure and paint job Lee, well impressed 👍🏼
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful tradition from you Lee. Brilliant work. The brushwork on his face and eyes is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, and nice work Lee. I love the super clean look on this, nice brushwork. Excellent face and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A viking Santa? I guess the red clothes hide the bloodstains. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete