Wednesday 23 December 2020

Iain W Landsknecht command (30 points )

 "Well here it is merry Christmas, everybody's having fun,look to the future, it's only just begun!" As the strains of Slade circa 1973 fade into the background, I present a mounted Landsknecht commander, which I offer up as a prize for Peter Douglas and his renaissance armies ,as he plays Pike and shot I know he needs a lot of command figures!

He's a venerable Essex figure and indeed was the first figure I picked up when I restarted my Italian wars after a 30 year interlude, he has lain in his box while others have been purchased and painted but finally he has been painted and stands ready to make his way to Canada in due course. 

My main focus for this challenge was going to be Napoleonic, I have 100s of figures primed and ready to go, so with laser precision I have lasted a day and started 48 gendarmes for the Italian wars! I'm not convinced I'll finish them , let alone the Napoleonics! There's nothing like focus and it appears I have none!







He's a  bit of a lump but paints up nicely,  the final shot is of him in his temporary home and also shows his size in comparison to the Foundry command and pike behind,  right back to the gendarmes and no doubt Noel is trembling in fear at the 10 points towards our cavalry duel, or maybe not ! 10 points for a  mounted 28mm figure and 20 points for the curtgeld gives me 30 points.  

I hope you like him Peter! 

Best Iain 

31 comments:

  1. Very nice painting and great basing! I love the rocky ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift! I know Pete will love him. I really like the fabric covering over the horse barding. Great work Iain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, the design on the barding was already carved in, so it was quite nice to follow it around with some green paint!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Well done Iain - happy holidays, and great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Have a great Christmas!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. A really nice looking commander. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am truly honoured Iain, that’s just a fab figure! It’s Christmas come two days early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I know it's been a while but you have got all those figures and I thought he would fit in,he's only stuck down with PVA so if you wanted to rebase him just leave him to soak overnight and he'll come right off!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. Wouldn’t think of it! I’ll love him just the way he is. I now need to poke through the plastic pile and figure out what I can build for him to command.

      Delete
  6. That's a great gift. Wonderful figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh that is rather lovely!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work Iain, Peter is a lucky chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul! Always nice to get something unexpected!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Great figures as always Iain -- and the collection en masse is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! He looks great Iain
    You're not the only one to have shifting focus during AHPC. Actually, I do that every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! To be honest its not the first time I've started the challenge aiming to paint Napoleonics and ended up painting renaissance!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  11. Cracking focus Iain 🤣 you can never have too many Gendarme 👍🏼
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Napoleonics and Landsknechts? You do make it hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,it did say challenge right? Luckily I have some dark ages laid down too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  13. Great to see the figure and love the "bookcase" shot with his impressive troop ranege behind. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete