Wednesday 23 December 2020

From PaulSS: [The Golem’s Haunt] French Hussars command (26 Points)(46pts)

 

I'm going to take a bit of tenuous thinking for my second entry in the Chambers of Challenge.

The Golem’s Haunt: “..IT WALKS…!!” Paint something re-animated, stitched-together, bolted-together, re-created from steel, clay, earth, etc.


Ok, stick with me, on this. 

Napoleon returned from Elba on the 1st March 1815 and in the time between that event and the Battle of Waterloo on the 18th of June that year he had no only put Louis XVIII to flight but France had reconstituted the Imperial army, from a small force of 56,000 that had existed under Louis XVIII to the 198,000 men that were available for the campaign in June.

If that's not a huge feat of re-animation in historical terms I wonder to think what is.


This command base of figures is also stitched-together.

Each of the figures is made up of components from at least two of the Perry plastic sets, both the Hussars and Chasseurs a Cheval 


For points, two 28mm cavalrymen, plus a flag for 21 points plus the location bonus of 20 points for a total of 41 points.

29 comments:

  1. Thats a streach but maybe you stiching will old together :)
    Great looking Hussars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was that much of a stretch on that post mate I was expecting a torture rack 🤣 Great figs again, loving the Naps stuff 👍🏼
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ken, looking forwards to seeing more of your legions.

      Delete
  3. Nicely stitched together reasoning! I always love your hussars and these are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, that is rather tenuous. I'll give you 5 points for the moxy and the gymnastics in reasoning. ;)

    Nice command stand though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, is that in addition to the 20 for the location, or instead of for the cheek ;)

      Delete
  5. An inventive link to gain another Chamber; perhaps but an interesting train of thought and a great command stand as well.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross, I'm just taking a break from gray-scaling another chamber

      Delete
  6. They look fabulous, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great command stand. I’m good with the kitbash as construct, I may steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, some of the themes need some lateral thinking if you are planning on sticking to the historical figures.
      Plus my LGS did not have anything suitable on their Reaper Bones racks :)

      Delete
  8. Very nice command stand - I wish I'd thought of the 100 Days Army being stitched together - could have done Minifigs for this chamber instead of what I have planned....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, taking my lateral thinking further even the Anglo-allied force in that campaign was a mish mash of British, Hanoverians, Dutch-Belgians, Nassua......

      Delete
  9. I think you could probably sell a freezer to an Eskimo. Love the reasoning and the figures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely painted miniatures....and a little overreached like Napoleon

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely figs. No chance anything stretches that far

    ReplyDelete
  12. See also the 'Vehicle' round from days gone by...🤔

    I'd give you full marks for sheer chutzpah (and the splendid paintwork)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun take on the theme- don’t forget, Eureka does a zombie Napoleon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, that's a shame I just got an order from them this week, I should have added one.

      Delete