Wednesday 23 December 2020

From MarkB: Uzgrub the Troll champion - Pit and Pendulum (35 points)

 For the next chamber in the dungeon I needed something terrifying. I’ve been painting a Realms of Chaos warband or two over the last few months and rolled up a Troll. I’d already got a few Trolls in my Orcs and Goblins army but fancied painting a new one for it. I purchased a few of this figure (Grenadier sculpt now sold by Miriliton and Forlorn Hope) because they were very cheap and affordable Trolls. They are also easy to convert into cool unique figures.

 

I’ve converted them fairly heavily with greenstuff. For this one I’ve added a Minotaur pelt and horns, a new mouth - because the gaping awkwardly face was one of the weaker parts of the original sculpt and done a simple conversion on the pick axe turning it into a ferocious warhammer! I also added some classic Oldhammer style mushrooms out of wire and greenstuff as a homage to those fantastic Kevin Adam’s paint jobs from the 80s.

This is the original figure!

Uzgrub will make a fine addition to my warband and with the pelt from a Minotaur champion on his back his prowess to the dark gods has been proven!

He’s in 28mm but a pretty big figure so I’m going to claim 8 points for him. Plus 20 for painting something terrifying. He’d certainly have me running the other way if I met him on a dark night!
8 +20 = 28 points. 
Cheers
Mark Backhouse



15 comments:

  1. That's a lovely conversion! A really great model and I think I'll cross the street now, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be afraid! Wonderful conversion work on this old skool troll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid conversion and lovely painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent conversion. Very nostalgic. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW thats an amazing conversion. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking lad 🤣
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Brilliant conversion Mark. I love his horns. He as a certain 'Where the Wild Things Are' look about him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, I scored him as a 54mm figure and gave you a few extra points for the conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting on the old school troll, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. A marvelous looking troll. Hopefully he will serve your warband well. The mushrooms are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking troll, and good conversion work too

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s some wonderful greenstuffing on the figure and ‘shrooms.

    ReplyDelete