Monday 25 January 2021

AndrewB- the Hatchery

 Try as I might, I was unable to find a single miniature with any sort of feathered feature to fill my spot in the Hatchery, so I had to get a little creative here.   Along with a couple other Royal Navy vessels, and an armed brig not sporting Nelsonic colors, I present to you HMS Sparrow!  



Sparrow is pictured second from right.  I wasn’t exactly sure how to get perfect sea bases out of these stellar steel bases from Wargames Accessories, but I hope those will suffice in the meantime.  I haven’t named, or researched proper history to name the others as of yet, but I prefer painting in small batches to singles with naval vessels, so you’ll hopefully pardon me on that as well.  

I was unable to find any 1/1200 ships scrolling through some pages of the ‘naval’ tag, so it’s up to the fantastic minions to discern the score on top of the 20 from the challenge!  My next chamber(Armory) is in the basing process, look for it in the next few days!


6 comments:

  1. I like this group of small craft Andrew, they’ve come out very nicely. What make are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little ships! Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on the sea bases and the sideways look at the Chamber 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking flotilla of ships!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete