Monday 25 January 2021

From TomG - Invoking the Sorceress' Ride to The Tomb... Please - Points 25

Hey all, a special entry for today as it is my 34th birthday, and I have finally finished repainting this mini for the 4th time this month! I present to you "The Summer Jade Sorceress". 


Over and over again I wasn't happy with how she was turning out, first there were mistakes, then dust in the paint, then a catastrophe when painting the face; each stage creeping closer to model being dumped, but perseverance prevailed. 

I wanted her to have a regal, but still fantasy, feel to her as she is supposed to be a bad guy character in the theme of an evil sorceress. Which is why she got a gold crest to get headgear, something for a hero to take back and store in a museum. 

I can't tell you how I painted this as I stripped it back to bare metal so many times, I gave up recording the process. But she has finally turned out, pretty much, as I wanted her to. 

I hope you enjoy this entry and it can get me on the bullet train to Tomb-Town. 

Points - 
28mm infantry = 5pts
Challenge entry = 20pts
Total = 25pts

12 comments:

  1. Way to stick with it Tom - I'm not sure I have ever repainted anything four times myself, but there are projects and miniatures which have, at times, demanded a constant re-approach that drove me mad. I think folks will be impressed, and you should be thrilled with the final result - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful -- a bravura performance and the cloak in particular is tour de force!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting. Very rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful figure Tom, that green cloak is Bob on 👍 Top Marks
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you recovered her admirably Tom. I really like her green cloak. And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great mini in the end. Well done for seeing it through, despite the adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well your persistence paid off Tom - she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! She looks fantastic, love the skin tone and cloak!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is magnificent!
    Terrific colour choice and the green cloak is very fashionable.
    I will ask the Snowlord (or a minion) to please add 5 bonus points 🧞‍♀️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Tom and wonderful work on this figure. Love the cloak.

    ReplyDelete