Monday 25 January 2021

From SebastianR : American Police - The Guardroom (72pts)

So. These are American police. Most in riot gear. For my latter day American Civil War project.

No further comment.


These figures represent part 1 of a 2 part diversion into experimental basing techniques, frustration and a massive dip in p r o d u c t i v i t y at great mild expense for an effect that I don't think is any better than what I would otherwise have achieved with my traditional techniques.

 

I decided to order in some sticky tarmac effect sheets to simulate the roads they'd be fighting over, however, the sheets that arrived were much lighter than advertised, leading to the need to wash them, and somehow come up with a way to hide the brushstrokes as part of the wear of the road.


And then of course I had to saw through the models at the feet which was it's own chore, a process which took way, way too long and was far too messy.

 

To be fair though, I always knew my output was going to fall off a cliff when I went back to work, but these guys took so long, that I managed to leapfrog both these and the next item in the queue to complete queued item number three before completing these.

20pts for the challenge and 52pts for 26 15mm foot figures



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on sticking with it Sebastian...I think we can all relate to a moment of "I know, this might take a LITTLE more time, but will look SO awesome..." and then ending up a bit stuck in time...well worth it here, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking minis. The bases are excellent even if they did take too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking mob of constabulary, ready to defend democracy and I can totally agree on the " this will look ace, it's only a bit more work " idea as I look at my 96 figure Swiss pike kiel with virtually every figure a conversion, seemed like a good idea at the time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look aces, love the tarmac effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work on the forces of law and order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, a bit more heavily armed than the UK Police 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete