Monday 25 January 2021

JamieM - post apocalyptic survivors (35 points)

In a feat of dedication, concentration and willpower rarely seen at my painting desk, I’ve actually stuck to the plan and have completed a fourth warband for my post apocalyptic plans......

Once again, Eden figures from Taban miniatures. Five generic survivors, just trying to make their way in a changed world......

Some differences in size between these, but I guess if I lined up with my mates (in a socially distanced fashion) we’re all quite different sizes and shapes, so not too bad.

First up is Tracy. She seems obsessed with wearing “fashionable” clothes. I guess we all need to hang onto something in these weird times. Her handiness with that hand crossbow is more impressive.


Tony used to work in an animal sanctuary apparently. He managed to save one of the birds and it’s been so helpful in hunting, getting us food. It’s catching increasingly weird stuff though, perhaps it’s the radiation impacting the animals?


Clyde was part of a motorcycle gang in the old times. Worked on cars in the scrapyard and that rivet gun and chainsaw have saved our bacon more than once...


Gavin is an odd one. Won’t take off his hockey mask, just tells us “this is the way”, whatever that means. Carries those skulls around everywhere. I don’t have the stomach to ask him why or whose they were.


Billy is an odd one. Obsessed with that boomerang of his. In his defence, it even hits what he throws it at sometimes and he doesn’t have to worry about ammo like the rest of us.


Five 40mm figures for 35 points. Now, will my willpower hold long enough to finish my final warband next or will I butterfly onto something else, leaving the project part finished like I normally do?!?!?



7 comments:

  1. Grim looking survivors Jamie. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work! I realy like the guy with the Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Jamie!
    Gavin the favourite of this group for me! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't want more of these lovely figures, great detail and posing, top brush work too 😀
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great looking survivors, you're consistently knocking these out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking survivors and admirable focus!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work on this bunch. 2 skullz.

    ReplyDelete