Monday 25 January 2021

From PaulSS: Detachment of Chosen Men from the 95th (38pts)

I'm married to a wonderful wife who as well as sometimes painting her own figures (example), and wiping the floor with me at Star Wars: Legion also knows the perfect gift and last month bought me the British Rifles Veterans Command - Chosen Men and the British Rifles Veterans - Chosen Men packs from Brigade Games.

The first fellow is a Rifle officer made up from the ranks carrying a terribly Sharpe sword.

Richard Sharpe

The second figure is an Irish sergeant armed with both a Baker Rifle and a seven barreled Nock gun. 

Sergeant Patrick Harper

There are five Chosen Men in the pack, and they are all kind of familiar, not sure where I've seen them before :)

Rifleman Cooper and another


The Rifle Green is done from a basecoat of Rustoleum Forest Green spray primer that is given an AP Strong Tone then highlighted with VMC Black Green then washed with AP Green Tone. I quite like this finish on them.

Riflemen Harris and Perkins


I'm basing my skirmishers in pairs, as there are only five in the pack, the "not Daniel Hagman" Cheshire Poacher is joined by a English Bulldog from Warbases to make up the numbers. 

Rifleman Hagman and Baker the dog


Seven 28mm figures will add 35 points to my total.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 14 mounted, 73 foot, 3 guns



"O'er the hills and o'er the Main,

In Flanders, Portugal and Spain..."

You forgot to claim points for Baker, so I've added a pupper bonus of of 3 points.

Tamsin

24 comments:

  1. Really nice work. The green uniforms are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking rifles, love the bulldog!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I think he does a good job of making up the numbers

      Delete
  3. I have very fond memories of the books so great to see the brought to life so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie, I regret leaving the books back in the UK

      Delete
  4. Nice painting - Thumbs Up as you really captured the characters - Harper is my favourite! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these characters Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classic figures and very well painted Paul. I do like the added woofer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent figures and paint job. I’ve done the same figures during the stay at home mission over the last year. Actually just put them on the table to try a solo SP2 game.
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bruce.
      I hope to use mine in SP2, as well as part of the brigade screen in GdA

      Delete
  8. Great work Paul! I love that funny dog at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm afraid I have yet to read these books, but have enjoyed all his other stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, they are a bit formularic after a bit, but a jolly good read.

      Delete
  10. Mrs Scrivs has pulled a blinder there, great work on the figs
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete