Tuesday 12 January 2021

JamieM - post apocalyptic survivors (35 points)

My second post if this challenge involves the genre that I intend to spend most of my time on - post apocalyptic. I’ve had these figures for a number of years, slowly adding to their numbers as they pop up on eBay or elsewhere. I’ve no idea at all why I would be inspired this year to do post apocalyptic figures, but let me know if you have any ideas.....

Anyway, these first five are general survivors. The average people trying to make their way in a vastly changed world.....

These figures are from a now defunct range for a game called “Eden” produced by a French manufacturer. Originally they were “Taban Miniatures” and then the range passed to a company called “Happy Games Factory” and they now seem to have closed.


The game is split into a number of factions and whilst I find some of the factions not to my taste, there are a large number of figures that I really liked, so I started purchasing them even though I couldn’t really see myself playing it any time!


First up is Angela. We met her in a bombed out music shop where she was cradling her “Axe”. Turns out she was part of the civil defence force, before that fell with everything else. She kept her leg armour, but the rest of the suit needed batteries to work so she dumped the rest of it. She’s sure handy in a fight.....

Dietrich is next. Bit of a survival nut, even before things got bad. Doesn’t seem to have had any formal military service, but knows his way around his assault rifle and seems to have raided an army surplus store for his kit......

Luther was some kind of hipster before it all went wrong. Kept his hat, shades and washed out t-shirt and grabbed a pick axe from his shed when he headed out into the wilderness.


Liesl was a self styled “soccer mom”. Don’t have the heart to ask what happened to her family, but she’s sure handy with that spear and shotgun.

Otto worked construction before the Events. Only person I’ve met who’s strong enough to lift that chainsaw on his own. Strong and silent type.....

Some conversions to give than a variety of weapons from different manufacturers, I intend to use them with the “Fistful of....” rules as they’re quick, simple, fun, great for multiplayer and can be adjusted to fit pretty much any era.

With regards sizing, they’re chunky figures, slightly bigger than Star Wars legion I would say (scale shot below with a 28mm figure) so I was going to suggest 40mm scoring like Star Wars legion are?




I too cannot possibly imagine what could have inspired you, now, to paint up these post apocalyptic survivors.

Lovely work on he figures and the basing. I'll score these as 40mm figures, as per your suggestion, so that's 35 points for you.

I almost missed this post as it somehow snuck in between mine and Stuart's.

Tamsin

10 comments:

  1. Nice work on these survivors, they have a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Jamie - I would say this gives you one point for our duel as well, as this looks to be a "unit"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some interesting looking "weapons" I realy like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking figures Jamie. Cool basing too. I do like the Soccer Mum vaulting over the rock. What an excellent pose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful characters- love the colours and the colourful backstories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking varied bunch of characters!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great figures and I appreciate the close-up shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen these figures before, lovely detail and great poses. You've given them a great paint job too

    ReplyDelete