Tuesday 12 January 2021

From Mike W: {Shrine] Ork Gorka Morka Totem (25 Points)

First of hopefully two or three posts this week as I continue to work through the challenge and juggle different project themes and real world work.

Gorka Morka Shrine, skulls and entrance


Having completed four Chambers on Level One of the dungeon, I have now descended to level two.

For the Shrine special chamber I present just that - an Orc Gorka-Morka shrine, from the Games Workshop old Gorka Morka boxed set, if I remember correctly!

Slightly different angle

As a terrain piece or maybe an objective marker, this piece was moulded in two parts, I glued them together and spray painted black, before highlighting with a light grey spray paint and then a top highlight of white spray paint.

Gorka Morka Shrine, side view, wood panels

I painted the wooden frame and support planks brown, with metal work picked out in a steel colour. Around the base is a pile of skulls, painted a skull white colour, there is also a large greenskin face stretched between poles on the frame that makes an entrance to the shrine...

Back door!

I then spent way too much time coming back to this piece to add in the details. But, the fun in this piece was all the detail! This included what seemed like dozens of toadstools, all painted red with white spots, shields, skulls etc and the marvellous Moon Face icon on the top of the shrine 

Another side view

Everything was given washes and then matt varnished.

Lots of toadstools
POINTS

Shrine                5 Pts   

Bonus                20 Pts

TOTAL              25 Points 


That does look rather spiffing. And 25 points for you.

Tamsin


9 comments:

  1. Grea5 work 9n these piece. Barks better get the Skullometer working overtime on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish on the shrine, it looks a bit like the one in the warhammer battle for skull pass boxed set but I guess they all look similar!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain - I was wracking my brain trying to remember where it was from! Buried in the bottom of my its boxes for years, I thought I remembered it being from a Space Ork setting but likely I'm wrong and you may well be right!

      Delete
  3. Great looking shrine, the details really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be about 25 skullz there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Estimate - 25 Skulls plus one on the skeleton! Plus 18 toadstoods, each with 3 - 5 white spots on them - it nearly drove me mad doing them all!

      Delete
  5. So many little cool details on this, lovely
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a crazy looking shrine - I love it!

    ReplyDelete