Monday 22 February 2021

AndrewB - Zulus! Dozens(barely) of them!

 As some of you may remember, I recently completed some AZW figures for a large game of Fistful of Lead focused around the Hospital at Rorke’s Drift.  Alongside the Brits, I was painting Zulus, although their painting took slightly longer due to the higher number of figures and addition of shields.  These figures are Old Glory, and they match the Perry figures for scale delightfully!  The bases are done in one fell swoop using the fast drying basing glue and Arid Grasslands base ready mix. I finished the shields up this week, and am happy to present you the finished results!





These unmarried Zulus are painted(mainly their shields distinguishing) as the iNdluyengwe impi, who traditionally were marked by a white mark on the bottom half of their shields.  For ease of recognition on the field during games of Fistful of Lead, I have gone with three distinct groups, with a mark on the low left, low right, or both.   Each group has a leader with a club, as well as the large gentleman on the left side to replace one of the grunt groups from his player’s force.  In any case, keep checking for more updates on progress on the hospital and I their parts of the engagement. 

I believe these 28 figures contribute an additional 140 posts to my total!  Now all I need to do is figure out what that darn snow lord needs from me.  

Happy Painting!

4 comments: